Animating with enums not working in sequencer

I am wanting to animate in sequencer switching between various enum states.

I have an enum state within my main BP with 2 different animation states.
My animBP is casting to that BP and grabbing that enum value, and changing animations within the animBP based on what that enum value is set to.

After recording in take recorder, I can see the keyframes made within sequencer using enums. However… adjusting them in any way, or adding new keyframes changes nothing. I’m not sure what needs to be done to have sequencer accurately change/update the keyframes of the enum value thats hooked up to my BP/animBP.

I tried posting a video here, but it kept having errors, so if you want a better idea of what i’m looking for, I posted this question with a video on reddit HERE

This seemed to work for me in 5.0. I made a BP with an EBlendMode enum and set it to change values on tick randomly. Then, I recorded it with Take Recorder in PIE. I was able to change values of the resulting sequence. Here’s some screenshots of my setup.

I can change the value as well, but its not actually updating the animation within the animBP that the var is talking to through casting.

I’ve noticed another thing. When I import my animBP directly to sequencer, and then track the skeletal mesh, then track the animinstance from there, then I can track each enum state I have set up, and doing it this way updates all the animations perfectly.

However, I am wanting to record from a BP that uses an animBP. When I load the BP track in sequencer, I can track the skeletal mesh, and the animinstance of that, but I am not seeing any of the var’s exposed in the animBP. So I’m guessing I somehow need to track the animBP from the actual BP within sequencer, but I’m not seeing any options to track the animBP

in this screenshot i’m expecting to see my various enum states listed under AnimSequencerInstance_0 when I go to track, alas there are no states there :frowning:

Hi,

I’m noticing a similar issue (I believe), where the enum value I’ve added to a LevelSequence track is not working. For me, it appears to change and then immediately be changed back to what is was before the track. Here is how it looks in the Editor:

First keyframe of the sequence:

Last keyframe:

I’ve added some debug code to my C++ SceneDirector::Tick() function that is showing that the Scene variable is getting updated twice in a row (within 1-2 consecutive frames, delta time between updates was 0.0382s), both before my Tick function is even called. I don’t see anywhere else in my project that is updating the Scene variable so at the moment I am thinking it is the Sequencer animation not working?

Still investigating further but I was wondering @Max.Chen or other Epic staff if you have experimented with setting enum values using a LevelSequence like I am above.

Thanks for the help,
Rich

When you say that it changes immediately afterwards, could it be that it’s changing after the sequence has finished evaluating (ie. in your case, after 4.5 seconds)? If that’s the case, then restore state is restoring the value back to the pre animated state.