Animated cutaway

Hey guys,
I was looking to do something similar to this in UE:

https://vimeo/137295067

Is that at all doable? Seems like it would be but my background isn’t in realtime. Thanks for any suggestions!

Just create the mesh - import it - add the desired effect in your material - control it with blueprints (?v=srUSDU1u0og) or change the position with panner nodes :slight_smile:

Ok cool, so basically the same way I did it in Lightwave (used a null object to clip the model in a certain radius and then filled the back shading with a color of my choosing). I’ll play and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

Ok so following this ( ?v=CkEueafOvFg ) I got the cutaway working really nicely. Used a cube instead of a sphere, but same thing. Two questions on it:

1. What’s the best way to control the rotation of the mask? I tried using a custom rotator, but that didn’t seem to work. Also I couldn’t see a way to set a scalar or vector parameter controlling said material UV rotation using the rotation of my control cube object.
  2. Is there a way to control the ‘inside’ of the object being cut away? I have it set to double sided, so the inside renders with full textures and shadows, etc. I’d like to be able to control how those are rendered. In Lightwave I control the back buffer surface materials, but not sure how that works in UE. Thanks again!