Android shader bug on some devices

Hi, I assume there is a shader problem with packaging on 4.23, haven’t tried with any other versions because we cannot switch now but. Here is the problem some of our players have. We do not know why this happens, it’s not random, it’s usually road and vehicles but they do not share a material or even do not share a texture. On some maps they do not occur, on some they do. So we really don’t have an idea what’s happening. They are all randomly different objects with different material setups to we cannot narrow it down. Anyone have an idea why this could be happening?

Problem still exists.

Thanks for the answer! If I identify the problem or the piece of engine code causing this, I’ll let you know.

Thanks for the answer! If I identify the problem or the piece of engine code causing this, I’ll let you know.

Hi, we recently switched from 4.22.3 to 4.23.1 and encountered a similar problem which may have the same cause as yours, so I’d like to ask whether you were able to identify and fix the problem? We are also developing a game for android and it also only happens on some devices after packaging the game from UE 4.23.

Hi, we never found out the reason of the problem but it was still there until we updated to 4.24.3, so I think it may be the solution but we have no idea why this happens.

Would be nice, thanks.

So it turns out that the solution in our case was to add sphere reflection capture to map. We had none when the bug was manifesting and perhaps some default reflection capture was being used. It is still kinda weird because the bug was only showing on some android devices and didn’t show at all in editor. It seems to be solved now. However, I do not know if that was also the cause of your problem.

I’ll try and let you know.