An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-EpicGamesLauncher

I will follow this thread intently. I executed the same steps you listed above and continue to receive the same error. It appears that the launcher does not error for me until it tries to download anything (game, unreal, updates, etc.) Your later post mentioned that the night before you were constantly being disconnected from Fortnite matches with “Network Error”, which I was also experiencing. I chalked it up to IP issues, but none of my other services or other games experienced disruption. Whatever the issue is, I’m sure we have it in common. Thank you for posting your experience!

2 Likes

Yes, same here! I can open the launcher and view everything, but as soon as I try to download or update, it crashes. I will respond here when I hear back from Epic. I have not heard anything from them since I posted earlier^.

I keep checking periodically and mine launcher finally downloaded the entire 5.3.2. I was able to install Unreal and open Epic Games launcher. All of my games were uninstalled, so I’m in the process of re-installing in priority order. Hope you are experiencing the same! Best of luck!

I am having the same exact issue to 3 different pcs as well all running different graphics cards, and so far nothing i have googled or tried from my epic service team has worked either…super frustrating

2 Likes

Nice! I’m glad it’s back to normal for you!

The problem occured after this latest update, try to find the older version of launcher, and don’t click the update button in setting page, I think it would work.

Same here, last few days. Time to get it fixed EPIC! Can’t even get the launcher to load, same crash, no matter what is tried.

1 Like

my elation was premature. i got several games installed, launched rocket league, played a few matches, now It’s lagging hard in spots and 'm being disconnected from server periodically. im on underground fiber with almost no spiking. non-epic games play w/o issue.

I got a couple of emails from Epic overnight – it sounds like they escalated the issue and got another department involved? I dunno. Other than that, I was told to:

“stay tuned to updates in Epic Games Launcher for the upcoming patch that could resolve this issue.”

1 Like

Same problem, i reset my pc for nothing :frowning:

1 Like

i kept having the same problem for days now, i even tried every single solutions and it’s still doesn’t work. but now I got a solution and Idk if it’ll keep working, I’ve download a 5 gb without crashing finally!
it’s just that you need to close any other apps on the pc and let only epic games downloading. That’s it!
I hope it’ll work for u guys as well.
sorry if my english bad, I’m stil learning <3

1 Like

I had my Epic shut down since last night. I just opened it and was able to download games without crashing. I got in to a few games without crashing as well, although it seemed really laggy. I have not heard from Epic – I think I’m OK now, but I’ll post back if/when they respond.

I don’t know why, but i’m having the same issue, the thing is that by closing every app on my pc and turning off the notifications I was able to finally finish a 60Gb download without any problem, i know this is a very strange solution and i came to it by reading this page, i hope it works for all of you

(I would like to apologise if i misspell any word or my english is bad, I traid my best)

4 Likes

I guess this will be the last update from Epic on the matter:

"Thanks for coming back with the good news where you have the issue resolved! I am really glad that the issue isn’t bothering you anymore.

If you have friend encountering the same issue, I recommend that they try out troubleshooting steps here: Troubleshooting the Epic Games Launcher

Besides, also make sure that the Epic Games Launcher is already updated to latest version. Follow steps below to check for updates:

Check to see if there is an update for the Launcher. To do this, click your profile icon in the top right corner of the Launcher and select Settings .
If you see a RESTART AND UPDATE button select it to update the Launcher.

Hope this is able to help your freinds out!"

Good luck, friends

1 Like

@YEMDance , @EganCT @zynb08 , @elmozzarelas2

Have you all tried updating your GPU Drives?

I know it seems unrelated, but there’s been some serious widespread issues within the past few weeks that seem linked to the driver.

i’m sorry to tell you, that’s the first thing I tried to do

2 Likes

I’m going to follow this thread for my own information. I really wish you the best of luck in the meantime.

Any idea where we can find an older version of the launcher?

That better not be anywhere near the last update from Epic, or I would say they are gonna lose some customers.

Like most if not all of us, I’ve tried all of those things to no avail. As for checking for launcher updates, we can’t even get the launcher to launch!

Having said that, again like most if not all of us, I have tried doing both a repair and a complete uninstall/reinstall and no change. So you have all these people that cannot play any games in their Epic libraries. This is one of the reasons why people were skeptical and resistant on the whole DRM platforms.

2 Likes

Latest driver here, no difference, in addition to all the other suggestions here tried, like it seems most people have.