An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-EpicGamesLauncher

So, I’ve only just come to this recently but whenever I try to open the EpicGamesLauncher, it crashes with the message below. Now I’ve tried everything from updating drivers to reinstalling to repairing corrupt files but nothings worked. I’ve also seen loads of vids and articles about similar crashes, but nothing that relates to this specific one. I know that is has to do with the memory reading point, but have no idea how to, or if it can be, fix it. I am also unsure of the lines where it repeats ‘ucrtbase’ and ‘EpicGamesLauncher’, if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated.

7 Likes

Same issue as mine right now, it keep crashing while i’m downloading.

2 Likes

same, but my reading address is 0x0000000600000049

1 Like

一样的问题。。我也是下载的时候崩溃,更新2077很痛苦。。。有人说是nvidia的驱动设置问题,我也没有调通

2 Likes

Same problem, keeps crashing when downloading

1 Like

我也是更新2077的時候一直崩潰報錯,搞到最後我啟動器跟遊戲全部重裝一樣沒用,網上都查過了沒辦法,更新驅動、修復啟動器、刪除快取都用過了一樣沒有用

2 Likes

If you have multiple monitors, try to turn OFF all the other monitors and leave just one ON. Had the same issue recently and it worked for me. Found the solution from this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/PERSoNA/comments/1ahx49i/comment/kpcwag6/

1 Like

keep happening to me too, did you find a solution?

1 Like

happening to me too, did you find a solution?

1 Like

same crash while downloading fornite

1 Like

same question when downloading marvel guardian of galaxy

Всё идентично, никаких фиксов не нашёл, с отключением монитора тоже не помогло, уже 3 драйвера сменил, и ничего не помогает

I am having the exact same error! I tried all the thing, even reinstalling windows but it still crashes when downloading Fortnite, anyone have a solutions for this?

I am having the same problem. I captured the log files and opened a ticket with Epic. Sorry we’re all unable to play, but also glad the issue is not just me.

1 Like

same problem, crash everytime when i try to dowload doki doki club

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Epic Games Launcher, I rebooted before and after, to no avail. someone on reddit suggested opening my NVIDIA control panel and restoring Global Defaults. I did this and was able to at least log in and click on the Unreal tab at the left. It said I needed to install Unreal Engine 5.2.3. i got past initializing before this error popped up again. Progress, but certainly not a solve. I’m super disappointed and confused about whether this is a me problem, an unreal problem, an Epic Games problem, or some combination of them all.

1 Like

I did the same steps based on internet research (NVIDIA reset, uninstalling Epic, etc), but nothing worked. I’ve been emailing back and forth with Epic for a solution. So far, what they’ve given me has not worked for me, but I will pass it along:

“1. Visit the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 site: Download .NET Framework 4.6.2.
2. Click the “Download .NET Framework 4.6.2 Runtime button”.
Note: Do not click the Developer Pack.
3. Run the downloaded program.
4. Restart your computer when the update is finished and retry games/downloads”

When I attempted to install this, I got a message stating that I already have the latest version (later than 4.6.2, I guess).

"If the above does not work, try updating C++

1. Visit the Microsoft help site for alternate solutions and files: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads00
  2. Download “Vc_redist.x64.exe”

I was able to install the C++.
I restarted, but the error continues to happen. I gave Epic more log files. Waiting to hear back (fingers-crossed)

1 Like

我这边的情况是裸连下载gtav过一会就崩溃跳这个错误,但是我偶然间挂了个vpn下载后发现完全不报错,然后我测试了一下更换vpn节点和直接关闭vpn,epic都会直接崩溃然后跳这个错误,贼神奇,可以确定是跟网络有关系

1 Like

Thank you, I will try looking in to that. A day before the crash occurred, I was kicked out of the game (Fortnite) over and over due to a “lost network connection.” I would play for 5-10 minutes and then get kicked out. I was unable to join my friend’s lobby, as well. My internet was fine, otherwise, but I did go through the process of resetting my router and restarting. I wonder if it’s all related.

1 Like

没有vpn用加速器加速epic应该也可以,刚刚试了下加速登陆注册对下载也有效果