AMD or Intel???

I have had some issues with AMD processors but in my experience Intel processors just keep going.

Hello, I would like to advice you that AMD is currently working on a new architecture called “Zen”. According to the company, the new CPUs will be released at the end of 2016 and they will compete with Intel :slight_smile:

They say that type of thing every time they release something new

LOL
https://m.youtube/watch?v=tQAtwFFa2QY

What is the point of making a video like anyways? AMD is supposed to be a professional technology company. Period. video serves absolutely no purpose other than to inflame the internet kids on the opposite side, for what?

I am not singling out AMD here either, if Nvidia also create videos like it is disgusting and needs to stop. Why can’t they just promote their products? Do videos like actually help sell units? I know I’m not the only one who feels way, stunts like make me lose my respect for them.

Ugh… sorry, rant over… and none of is directed at you ! I just quoted you for the link :slight_smile:

I prefer Intel personally (for my main dev rig, I also have an all AMD HTPC) but AMD is probably more competitive than people give them credit.

one is surely for the AMD.

Before I was loved AMD, beacause of performance and price.

But now everything is changed, Intel have best procesors, 2 cores proc’s is powerfull than AMD’s quad procesors etc…

I almost buy amd a8 x4 6600k, quad, 3.2 ghz (clocked 3.9)…Then on tests and comparing I see that i3 4160 is only 20% expenssive than AMD, but he’s 2 cores with 4 threads is powerfull that AMD quad.

• that Intel socket have future, amd don’t.

Great Feedback guys. thanx. So which would you guys get. i5 -4440 or AMD A10 6700.

before Intel i5 series i had all AMD components and now i always use Intel as CPU and Radeon for graphics. Currently i have i5 2400 and Radeon R9 270 and i stay with setup long time.

Perhaps Graphene CPU-s will be biggest next step.

As far as I can tell those CPUs aren’t even in the same league.

These are some CPU benchmarks comparing the AMD to a last gen i3.
://www.tomshardware/reviews/a10-6700-a10-6800k-richland-review,3528-9.html

Get the i5.

AMD’s new CPUs are worse off than the very old Phenom II from 2007. Because new AMD CPU does not have 4 or 8 REAL cores etc. The old Phenom II had real cores.

But for development where you use all cores the absolute best value for money is AMD overclocked. The money you are saving on a 8 core AMD vs a i7 intel you can buy a very powerful GPU which you are going to need for UE4.

Do not buy any APU they all stink you need a video card for UE4. An i7 is an absolute waste of money if you are on a budget

For the record AMD is a horrible company run by horrible management. It is almost never ever recommended.

It just so happens that UE4 uses most likely 8 cores at 100% for development so it just so happens in situation the AMD comes out ontop. For everything else the AMD is a terrible choice. Buy the 6 or 8 core AMD CPU and a powerful GPU.

But what if I want to buy a 6-8 core Intel? =p

Shouldn’t we start hearing about Broadwell desktop CPUs soon?

Again, more cores doesn’t always mean better

Its pretty simple. AMD has MOAR cores at more ghz, and can be better in the cheaper range. On the high end, Intel has no rival. Their i7s are better designed, and do more stuff per clock than AMD. At the end, even if the intel has less ghz and less cores, it turns out better in benchmarks. Im very happy with my i7 2600k that already has 4 years, overclocked at 4.5 ghz and working flawless. Wont upgrade until DDR4 is more popular and newer processors appear.

If you are not paying the electricity bill, AMD’s 6-8 core CPUs are pretty good value for money. (As are their 290 and 290X GPUs).

When I built my current rig back in September of last year, was a question I asked myself repeatedly. Who is better, AMD or Intel?

I wanted the biggest bang for my buck, I had to go the most cost efficient route. I finally chose to go with AMD (FX-8350), and also got an AMD GPU (R9 280x).
I have not had one single. Video editing is speedy, it handles every game I’ve thrown at it so far. Granted it won’t play some of the newest games on high, but that’s ok.

And, of course, Unreal Engine performs extraordinarily well. The whole point of computer was to use Unreal Engine and be a beast for gaming, I was very happy with how it all turned out. :slight_smile:

SO, I would recommend going the AMD route if you want the best performance for the best price. I’m not sure why AMD is hated amongst certain groups of the internet, they’re a decent manufacturer.

The only time AMD was ever better was the P4 era. was Intel’s fault for being bad not AMD’s for being good. The P4 was so bad that the P3 kept kicking its ***. They had to rebrand it to so that people stopped making the comparison. Ultimately the evolved into the core 2 while the P4 just plain died.

It’s funny how it happened, AMD was the best at the start of 64-bit and dual core processors. But Intel caught up quickly, and they took a risk going to quad core with the Q6600, but it turned out well and once they got their true quad core processors out they were very good. AMD just hasn’t been able to match them since then.