AMD GPUs artifacts Ray Tracing Lumen

Hello dear community,

I know that some of you have already complained about the visual bugs of AMD GPUs starting from version 5.1. I also want to express my frustration now. I can understand that not everything works as intended during the development of Nanite, Lumen, and the like, and bugs are to be expected. However, what I cannot comprehend is the way Epic Games and AMD handle the criticism and feedback. The majority of forum posts on this topic are skillfully ignored. You can count the developer’s responses on one hand, by that i also mean AMD responses in theyr forums, and when there was a response or reaction, they completely missed the point and were of the nature “the developers are not at fault, the users are doing something wrong.” I get the feeling that the problems of AMD GPUs are not even remotely taken seriously. Even tho the community itself pinned the issues down to direct-light and raytraced shadows enabled on direct-light, ray traced skylight works fine tho.

I think everyone who is active in these forums is technically savvy enough to receive and understand an appropriate response from the developers. If they were at least open and honest and said something like “Hey guys, listen, this is the problem, we are aware that there are issues, etc., and this is how we would solve this problem” But after I had hoped that the version 5.2 would fix the problems and unfortunately had to realize that this was not the case and lost months of work due to downtime, I was simply forced to sell my RX 7900 XTX today and switch back to Nvidia. I am an architect and earn a little extra with architectural visualizations, not only for myself but also for many others. It’s not just a hobby anymore, but we lose real money because we cannot accept orders, or have to switch to other programs, and the time required is often not justified.

I just hope that the developers work on their communication regarding the AMD GPU issues with the community. There is still a lot of room for improvement there.

an example of the visual artifacts

example with direct-light and disabled ray tracing for the direct-light specificaly

example no direct-light only skylight but with raytraced skylight enabled

so the issues like almost everyone here figured out months agoo except the developers has something to do with ray traced direct-light.

and yes i know this sounds offensive towards the developers but i said it on purpous even tho theres a chance they might be aware of it, but this is the view most of us have due to lack of communication regarding this AMD GPU toppic