AMD GPU NANITE TESSELLATION ISSUE

Landscape / mesh disappears when enabling Nanite tessellation on AMD gpu

My question, is there anyone with AMD gpu that is using Nanite mesh / landscape tessellation and it does not disappear? If yes, how?
I haven’t seen anyone with Nvidia gpu have this issue, but haven’t seen anyone with AMD using this feature yet, it’s been months already.

1 Like

Hi. I have exactly the same problem. I notified AMD about this issue, but they sends me towards Epic…

For them, the problem is “too specific”, and might be resolved by Epic in Unreal Engine…

I must say that tesselation seems to work with nanite (static meshes) that are not landscape. Can you confirm this ?

This is the same kind of finger pointing that was going on with Path Tracing freezing and crashing in Unreal when using Radeon GPUs. AMD kept saying to just contact Epic about it, which got really annoying after a while because nobody was having any issues with Nvidia cards.

So much back and forth eventually lead to me just purchasing an RTX 3060 and being done with it. All of my problems were immediately solved following that, and I regretted all the productive time wasted trying to figure all of that out.

A pal of mine is currently having the same issues, and they just so happen to be using a Radeon 6800 series also. A lot of it has to do with the AMD drivers, and I recall my Radeon card breaking on every new UE5 release since 5.1. So yeah, this has been a problem for a very long time, and there are many complaints about it on AMD website, but unfortunately a lot of these things never get resolved.

Doesn’t work at all for me, not on landscape, not on meshes, nothing. I tried everything you can find online. AMD gpu seems the problem

1 Like

been saying it for a long time.
RDNA cards cant do it. GCN (5000 can, 580 and vega can)

isn’t it a literal hardware issue. not a driver/software issue.
RNNA cards have “ray accelerators”
so.

yeah.

like you said. wish I hadn’t parted with my 5000 and will be switching out asap.
wasted far to long on this to try and get it working. i doubt anyone on any amd rnda card can.
its amazing no one saying anything about it.
haha
is the market share that bad.
what about those am5 users with their 79XXs

doubt its fixed their either. ?

i can get it to be ON, but its “on or off” = if its on its like 1x if its off its like flat…
so its like doing something but u have 0 control over it.