All of my actors except a few suddenly say [Unloaded] and are hidden, what is this?

Hi, there. How does one “draw a box” over the world in the World Partition tab? Left click and drag does nothing. Is there something I’m missing?

6 Likes

There must be something you are missing. Left Click+Drag works for me.

5.1 buggin

1 Like

If you don’t use world partitioning, but still have objects suddenly unloading, then go to World Settings and click twice on “Enable Streaming” (enable and disable it). Temporarily fixes it for me.

9 Likes

That worked, thank you!

So for anyone experiencing the same thing I was, you have to have streaming enabled to be able to box-select in the World Partition Tab. Toggling Streaming on and off restored the unloaded actors.

This works, but why is it necessary? If streaming is disabled, shouldn’t all objects always stay loaded? Even when if I toggle streaming and all objects get loaded, they unload again at random. Seems to be a bug.

I guess, they forgot to disable some object unloading mechanisms even if the streaming option is disabled. At least, based on this assumption I tried to switch this option first time.

Yes this worked, though the pin wasn’t showing in 5.1, I had to right click on the entry and select pin from the menu. Thanks!

1 Like

Go to Window > World Settings
In World Settings search for Partition and click “Enable Streaming”
Then World Partition is enabled and you can LMB Click+Drag and RMB select Load Region.

I think this must be a weird resources thing, but it shouldn’t had happened with how tiny my test area is with only 14 total actors (which are all spheres and cubes) but it is what it is, and it’s working fine now.

2 Likes

I ran into this today whilst constructing a world.

What worked for me was to “Build ALL Levels” within the project. Just go to the build tab at the top to do this.

1 Like

I have run into this issue a couple of times. But all I had to do was exit the editor, saving everything and restarting. I did not have to change any settings. Perhaps they have made some changes in the latest releases.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

thanks i pulled ton in scene, now all are visivble, just to add, click the actors in the outliner, it will show where exactly they lie on map, then in world partion make a yellow box, around it and right click and , load region from selected, then it will start showing,

1 Like

cool,
that solves my issue.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, that worked for me in 5.1.1

1 Like

Why do they continuously feel the need to make beta features the new default? I experienced this problem when using the Third Person Template simply copying actors using the alt-drag method…

I created a custom actor as an item pickup.
I add that actor to the scene, it’s fine. I can add as many of that actor to the scene as I want, it’s fine.
I select one of the actors, hold alt and drag to copy it.
After the next playtest all of the actors of that type are unloaded unless I turn on world streaming and select an area in world partition!?

If you close and open the editor it works just fine like nothing ever happened, but then again as soon as you alt-drag copy an actor all of them become unloaded again… I shouldn’t need to have world partition enabled just to have a small scene for creating test logic…

Engine version 5.1.1 btw.

2 Likes

Yeah this seems to be caused by world partition elements being unloaded, I don’t think it’s a bug but rather an optimisation thing. There is also a setting on the actors for whether it’s spatially loaded or not. For some reason it gets greyed out so you can’t change it. Unticking Enable Streaming keeps everything loaded at all times which is what you want if you’re doing movie renders but will come at a cost.

I have the same problem

Hi there. I wonder the same thing. I don’t seem to be finding an answer anywhere on the internet, seeing one in this forum would be good. Thanks in advance.