Aliasing Problems - Help please!

Hi,
I have serious problems with aliasing when I render a movie in my current project with Matinee. (UE 4.7.5) When the object and the camera is moving this artefacts appear. (I attached 2 screenshots) It makes no difference whether I use Temporal Antialiasing, FXAA or no Antialiasing. Very annoying. What can I do to remove this ugly aliasing? At the moment the quality is too bad to use the movie sequence in a professional production.

On the screenshot (distance shot) you can see that there are no problems. But in the movie I get this strange artefacts.

Best regards, Andreas

Can you post a screenshot please, and also check if Engine Scalability Settings are at Epic? And make sure your post process volume is set to Unbound.

Hi,
thank you for your answer. The Postprocess Volume is set to unbound and my Scalability Settings are at Epic. For this reason I do not understand why this aliasing appears.

Best regards, Andreas

Temporal AA may cause ghosting/blurry effects like that sometimes, but it is strange that you are not seeing it in the viewport as well. I can think of two things; disable motion blur if it is enabled and render at your screen’s max. resolution, if you are rendering at a higher resolution with Matinee, and see if it helps.

Hi Jacky,
you are right. I never thought that motion blur is responsible for that. When I disable it in the Postprocess Volume everything is ok. Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Best regards, Andreas