Aliasing of emissive material

Hi,

I’m tweaking the default scalability settings for my game as I want to keep the quality of the reticle material the same on all settings. Now when I set it to low (or medium and high for that matter) it starts to alias extremely. I tried a few settings like texture quality and AA already but they don’t seem to do much.

What setting should I change for this to look like the max (ultra) setting?

Ultra quality:

Low quality:

you should remove the lod aka mipmapping of this texture, so it will not drop in resolution. it’s essentially a hud element. i reckon the aliasing comes from the low resolution and temporal subsampling.

Do you mean the mip gen settings of the texture? When I set it to NoMipmaps (or any other setting for that matter) it still looks pixelated.

I did notice though that Resolution Scale is affecting the quality. Do you know how I can exclude the texture/material from these settings?

okay. if you have resolution scale you temporally upsample it. dithering the opacity mask could fix that. i’m unsure tho. sry

1 Like

So I haven’t found a solution to this still, whatever texture aliasing setting I choose it will always downgrade due to the resolution scaling. Only UI/widgets are unaffected, but it’s not practical for me to have the red dot as a widget.

I’d like to keep the resolution scaling though, anyone with the golden answer?