's Camera styles

It’s awesome. Thank you. :slight_smile:
But I found an error I think. When I try to move the camera on touch mode (for mobile) the Y limits doesn’t work. I’m trying to put a range for the float values, but it skips to different frames. Any solution?

Sorry for reply delay…

Try to change logic under Tick comment to this:
http://s1.uploadpics.ru/images/Zkb_C7CAug.png

Np, but finally I found other solution, and it works :wink:

Hi guys, thanks for sharing your knowledge! I am really new to UE programming, in fact my work is entirely focused in 3D graphics:)
My question: is there a way to control the zoom in value based on the “mesh collision radius” of the 3D model I am orbit my camera around to?

How do you get the orbit to work without a spring arm?

First of all, it Is on Spring Arm.

Secondly, you can simply add SceneComponent(so it becomes Root), under it add Camera component. And relatively move away camera from center. After, all u have to do is rotate your actor. Camera will, again, relatively stay on its offset from actor center.

thank you so mush … & why there is no zoom in & out limitation

thank you so much. exactly what I have been looking for almost a week.

But, can you have a simple tutorial of how to assign the target and replace my scene camera to the BP ?

Thanks

You need to place camera onto your level, then set “autoposses player” parameter to “Player 0” on details panel.

In order to set target for orbital camera, you simply need to move it’s pivot to the object you need to rotate around.

thank you. it work.

BTW, how to adjust the mouse wheel speed for zoom in/out ?
I have a very large scene, the zoom in/out speed from the mouse wheel is move like an ant to me.

Cheers.

Check out the script. Its all commented. You should find there smth like Zoom or like that. multiply the value to something more than 1 and you will get more speed.

Check out the script. Its all commented. You should find there smth like Zoom or like that. multiply the value to something more than 1 and you will get more speed.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you. It worked.

1 more thing, how to set a limit to zoom distance limit ? I understand that you have set Initial Camera Radius for us to play with camera distance to the object. But I couldn’t use that set a limit to zoom in/out function. Thanks

Before setting “Spring Arm Length”, after you multipy, place “Clamp” node. You will understand how it works by ur self, I guess.

You the man. Work like a charm.

Thank you very much and god bless you.

Nice, i searched for somethling like that, nice BP there man ! Thanks alot.

But i have a problem, the cam itself works just fine, but i actually cant see my player on start :confused:
i tried also to attach the cam into my player blueprint but then the cam doenst even gets activated, i just see a FP view without having a second camera installed :open_mouth:
hope someone can help me there

You might need to set the camera inside your character/pawn. Just add SpringArm and Camera inside it and make a logic by using this system as a reference. Btw, you can check Epic’s Third Person Template. They pretty much have the same but inside a character.

Thank you! I’m using UE4 for and this looks like just what I need – but can I use it in Sequencer??? I have the Cam set up to orbit around my object, but when I add it to sequencer I can’t see any way to keyframe the movement (so I can output frames for Render Movie). Is there any way to do this?

It just occurred to me that for my own super simple needs there’s an existing way of doing this: 1) put a regular Camera Actor under an Empty Actor; 2) put the Empty Actor [aka Null] at the point you want to orbit around; 3) keyframe and output the rotation frames. I just did this in Matinee, and now I’m going to work out how to do it in Sequencer.

, this is great!! - Thanks for posting! I do hope you are still keeping an eye on this thread!

I have multiple cameras in my Level. I switch between them via the Level Blueprint “set view target with blend”. When using your Cam in my level, and switching back from a level camera to your camera, it all goes smoothly until almost returned to your camera, then there is a slight ‘jump’ to final position. I can’t for the life of me see how to fix this, no amount of blending works… any help would be flippin fantastic! More info no probs!! Hope you can get back :slight_smile:

** hahhh quick edit - think its something to do with different camera types/lenses - looking into that now

*** right - just in case this helps anyone! I deleted the camera in the pawn blueprint and put in a Cine Camera. All works FAB!

@ Thanks so much for this resource, its awesome. Could you answer a couple of queries I have though as I’ve not blueprinted before.

1. What aspects of the blueprint would lock the Z axis so the camera can only be moved side to side?
  2. Is there a way of enabling a ‘slide’ sort of motion, where the camera would slowly come to a stop when you release the mouse. Does that make sense?

Thanks again!