AI Stuttering when close

Hello, I have encountered an issue that is really starting to annoy me now I’m calling it a night atm just couldnt get this one done so figured maybe i’d ask here, will here is my issue, When My AI gets close to my follow locations, it like stutters around my nodes and then stops when I stop here is a GIF that will explain it, I dont really understand how to get past this, any advice would help. THank you

303338-stutter-stepping.gif

In your BT, are you rotating your AI towards a target, something like Rotate to Face BB Entry? If so, try to disconect that node and see what happens.

Hey Yeah, I have tried it with both connected and disconnected and it does the same thing.

Try adding a quick cool down decorator in you behavior tree like .2 seconds.

Also, In your Pawns BP there are a couple of things to change

Select Self:

Turn off use controller rotation Yaw

Then in the same BP select CharacterMovement: Rotation Settings

“Orient Rotation to Movement” turn that on

Also change the Z axis roation rate from 360 to something like 275 that will smooth its turning a bit.

There is also “Use Controller Desired Rotation” try that if the other doesn’t giv you the result you want.

This Guy explains all this in this video I found his tutorial very helpful to get me off the ground with AI.

Thank you very much this solved my Issue completely and taught me some things the problem was the Controller Rotation Yaw, Also Thank you very much for the tutorial its awesome much respect

I’m not sure if you can see these after its answered, but I have come into one other issue its not releveant to the other but when My Follow Position is above a Location where the AI cant move so basically if I stand on a Ledge and Move the point to off the ledge regardless of where the AI is, it will just stop moving all together. any advice?

Sean L :diamonds::diamonds: STAFF Jun 10 '16 at 2:02 PM

I’ve found the solution. You’ll need to go into Project Settings->Navigation System and then add a new Supported Agent by clicking the + symbol next to the Supported Agents option.

After you do this, expand the 0 dropdown, and then adjust the DefaultQueryExtent in the Z axis. I used 5000. After you do this, it should work.

It was most likely an issue with the character jumping over the bounds of the Nav Mesh.

Have a great day