Ai perception team

Ok, but if you say that this is not possible then those functions in the screenshot?

How to set a command for a character today. I read several answers but they all used C ++. Is it possible to do this today using a blueprint?

What are these functions responsible for today?

I tried to write them both in the constructor of the character class and after the event Begin Play, but this did not give any effect.

Hi, if you want to make the AI perception filter between hostile, neutral and friendly, then you need C++. The interface to retrieve the team and the function that returns the state (hostile, neutral, friendly) between actors are not exposed to blueprints, therefore it is not possible to do it in blueprints. This here describes what you need to do step by step How do I use the AI Perception Teams? - C++ Programming - Unreal Engine Forums

As a blueprint only “workaround” you could just let the AI perception system detect everything (hostile neutral and friendly), then write your own team system in blueprints and use that to filter between hostile, neutral and friendly.

1 Like

That in the image above is the “FGenericTeamId” structure which is exposed to blueprints. But the system needs to know the “FGenericTeamId” of your actor. To retrieve that the actor needs to implement the “IGenericTeamAgentInterface” which is not exposed to blueprints. Further you need your custom function to specify the state between two “FGenericTeamId” (hostile, neutral or friendly) and tell the system to use that function (again C++). By default the function it uses to determine the state between two “FGenericTeamId” always returns neutral.

1 Like