AI doesn't move after changing level on launcher

Hi there,

So, my AI enemy works fine when I play the editor, and still working fine when I pass (open) another level in game through a trigger box that opens the next level (playng the editor). But when I launch it, in the first level the AI will work, but when I get to the second level, the AI will be stopped, freezed at all.

If I launch on the first level, AI works on the first level, and will be freezed on the second level, if launch on second level, then the AI works on the second level and they will be freezed on the next level.

I have tried to change settings on Project Settings>Navigation Mesh> Force Rebuild on Load and Dynamic Runtime Generation, but my AI gets crazy movement, spinning and kinda lost, feels like he is tryng to find a direction to go.
I have changed so much this options tryng to fix that I really don’t know how I should set it, but seems that the only change that really impacts is setting runtime generation to dynamic that does the AI move like crazy… (but they will be moving on every level, like crazy but moving, seems that is something here the problem)

My AI is simple, has a function to move to the player position, everything works fine on editor… I have deleted nav mesh again and again, nav mesh is there, green…

Please help me!

How are you loading the levels? Are you streaming them? and are you sure your nav meshes are in the correct levels?

1 Like

I’m openning the level by passing through a trigger box, that opens the next level, nav meshes are there, I checked by pressing “P” and it’s all green. I don’t know if I’m streaming it, I guess I’m not, didn’t change anything on about that, the problem happens only when I launch it, playing on the editor it is all good.

Updating, I have set back Runtime Generation to Static and force rebuild on load ticked, it did work few times in a row with complete sucess, but the problem just came back, the AI is complete stopped, now including the first level

Wizards of UE4, please help me!

Has this been fixed? I’m having the exact same issue and can’t seem to figure out why. I duplicated a level, and when I run the original level, it works. But the duplicated level just ends up having Enemy AI’s standing there not moving.

I’m having the same problem in 4.23. The ai stopped moving after using open level. The level works fine if opened in editor. I checked the navmesh->runtime->force rebuild on load.

You need to post your blueprint graph so we can see what is happening.

I fixed it by adding a nav mesh I forgot to put in a new level. Maybe also check the level blueprints of each level.

Just want other people like me that found this question, are streaming levels and are having a similar problem that you should check if you built your paths in the map you have your nav mesh (i was building my path in the persistent level and you can verify this if you select your recast navmesh and see the world its in) Good luck