AI Debugger Shortcut on Non-English Keyboards? (UE5.2)

I didn’t think that this would stump me so much that I’d have to ask for help on here but it has.

I’m using a non-English keyboard and as a result the standard key to open the AI debugger (apostrophe) does not work for me. Now, I thought there’d be a simple fix: simply assign a new shortcut in the Editor Preferences. However, for some reason this doesn’t work, either. I’ve found “Show AI Debug” in the Show Flags Menu category in the Keyboard Shortcuts tab which I assumed was the correct entry because it’s the only AI debug related entry in there. However, no matter what key/key combination I enter as a new shortcut, none of them work. When I press them during play nothing happens. I’ve tried toggling NumLock and that didn’t solve it either.

So yeah, I’m a bit stumped now. Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

change your keyboard to english and learn it, thats what i did

Alright, I feel a bit silly now but I’ve figured out where I was going wrong and just in case anyone else runs into this, as well, I figured I’d post it here. You can indeed change the keyboard shortcut for the debugger but the setting for that is not located in the Editor Preferences window with all the other keyboard shortcuts, it’s in the Project Settings under Engine → Gameplay Debugger (which kinda makes sense when you think about it but is just not where I would’ve intuitively expected it). Changed it there and it works perfectly fine.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.