After cooking exe widget doesn't work properly

Hi,

I created the blueprint to change a material of the object. Everything is working fine in the scene itself when I push the button “play”. After cooking exe file it doesn’t work anymore. I can’t change the material at all. I see buttons, I can push them, they are active but they don’t change the material itself. I didn’t get any errors after cooking exe file.

There is a video file to see that I am talking about.

Hello Mintis,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Can you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?

I did the new project but It doesn’t work.

I put the blueprints and the video. Can you help me solve this task.

Hello Mintis,

Additional questions:

1. I am a little unclear about the answer that you gave in your last post. You said “I did the new project but It doesn’t work.”, does this mean that you tried to reproduce this issue in a clean project and the issue did not reproduce or does it mean that you tried this in a clean project and the goal that you are trying to achieve did not happen?
  2. If you were able to reproduce this issue in a clean project, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. If you remove the cast to your character from your “MyColor” blueprint, does this make a difference?

Hello Rudy,

1. I did this in a clean project and the goal that I was trying to achieve did not happen.
  2. [link text][1]

I attached Output log and Packaging settings. If you need I can send these blueprints files to you so you can check where the problem is? Let me know about it.

3.This didn’t make any difference.

Hello Mintis,

I have a test that I would like for you to try. I have been able to change the material on an actor in a packaged project. I have provided the example below. Please let me know if this works for you.

Example:

Steps:

1. Create a new actor blueprint (name it “Cube”)
  2. Add a static mesh component to the new blueprint
  3. Assign a mesh to the static mesh component
  4. Add the new actor blueprint to the level
  5. Save and compile
  6. Create a new widget blueprint
  7. Add a button to the designer tab
  8. Create an OnClicked event
  9. Create the blueprint in the attached image
  10. Save and compile
  11. Package for windows
  12. Open up the packaged version of the project
  13. Click the button
  14. Notice that it changes colors as expected

Could you zip down a project that is having this issue and send it to me so that I could take a closer look?

Ok. This is working now. Many thanks. You solved my problem.