After binding groom disapears

HI EVERYONE
I import my groom asset from blender everything is fine, i create a binding asset to my skeletal mesh it creates, when adding the binning in the blueprint the groom asset disappears as seen in the photos(first after binning, the second before). I’ve tried different importing’s of the groom scale and position none worked all end up disappearing

Hi!
I had the same issue. The groom asset dissapeared when I add the groom binding to binding slot.
This is how I solved.

1. Open Skeletal Mesh
  2. Go to Asset Details, and find LOD section
  3. There is LOD info in LOD 0 section.
  4. Change Skin Cache Usage to “Enabled”

I hope this can help you. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

a simple check solved all my trouble, i owe you a cup of coffee or dinner thank u very much :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this solution. I wasted ages thinking I’d messed something up when my groom suddenly disappeared after changing the skeletal mesh’s texture.

1 Like

Didnt work for me tho. Groom did not reappear.

Didn’t work either here. Is it a known issue for UE5 with groom binding? (Skin Cache Usage: enabled)
Groom keep disappearing after the bind.
People try to parent the groom under the head joint for hair but cannot use this trick for body fur.

Got it. You have to Enable Support Compute Skin Cage as well at Project setting

2 Likes

HEY JUST FOUND THE CURE!!!

The groom cant be a child of the skeletal mesh. It has to be under BP or it doesnt work:

Wrong way:

2 Likes

@UZERO Thank you sir!!

Thank you , really helpful.

After I move my project from 5.1 to 5.3, I got the same qustion, and it be solved very sample:
Project Settings > Engine > Rendering > Optimizations > Enable the Support Compute Skin Cache.

Or just : Project Settings > search “skin” > Enable the Support Compute Skin Cache.

Maybe you should create the groom binding asset again, and keep the groom under the mesh you want to binding.

For me, it work fine, I hope it helpful

2 Likes

Hi !
First of all, thank you a lot for that tip.
I’m very curious and would like to understand how checking this option, linked to Ray Tracing, allows the groom’s binding to appear correctly?

@Daluz, you solved my issue.
Thanks!

1 Like