Advanced Sessions Plugin

Ok so here is what i did. I created a lobby screen that starts a session no problem. I can invite players and they can connect…When i am not using steam i can create servers and find them and join …but the moment i run standalone with steam i get this when i click find session

Warning: Async task ‘FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamFindLobbiesForFindSessions bWasSuccessful: 0 NumResults: 1’ failed in 15.044416 seconds

What is the way to fix this?
How do a find sessions if i have players in my party (Session)

[quote=“skeeta92, post:1727, topic:30020”]

Ok so here is what i did. I created a lobby screen that starts a session no problem. I can invite players and they can connect…When i am not using steam i can create servers and find them and join …but the moment i run standalone with steam i get this when i click find session

Warning: Async task ‘FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamFindLobbiesForFindSessions bWasSuccessful: 0 NumResults: 1’ failed in 15.044416 seconds

What is the way to fix this?
How do a find sessions if i have players in my party (Session)

If you have players in your “session” in steam then you can’t find other lobbies with the default subsystem, you need to use online beacons. There is a plugin on the marketplace to make that easy to use, there isn’t any native blueprint access to online beacons I don’t think normally.

I have been testing alone i created a session and click find and i get the error without players in my session. Is it because im already in a session as a host?

[quote=“skeeta92, post:1729, topic:30020”]

I have been testing alone i created a session and click find and i get the error without players in my session. Is it because im already in a session as a host?

Yes, it doesn’t let you search if you are already hosting.

Right now i am doing some testing…i am storing the player id in a array in the lobby and when they click find session the lobby session is then destroyed and then once the play joins successfully it will then invite those players stored in the array…if fail it will then still invite the players to be back in the lobby. Im sure i can fix it better soon…i hope it works. It sound like it would atleast :slight_smile:

The node “Event on Session Invite Recieved” is this called when someone use the “send Session Invite to Friends” node? Im trying to force a player in game to join the session without having to switch over to the STEAM overlay to accepted it. I want it to happen automatically.

[quote=“skeeta92, post:1732, topic:30020”]

The node “Event on Session Invite Recieved” is this called when someone use the “send Session Invite to Friends” node? Im trying to force a player in game to join the session without having to switch over to the STEAM overlay to accepted it. I want it to happen automatically.

On Session invite Received is not called on the back end by any subsystem, it is currently a dead event that Epic has sitting around in their subsystem interface.

I exposed it because it “should” be used and anyone making a third party subsystem can use it if they want.

Currently only OnSessionInviteAccepted is ever triggered sadly.

So lets say i would like for players to be able to accept invites in the game without the steam overlay like a in game notification how will i handle that? better yet… how do i accept session invites wiithout using the STEAM overlay …like i want a in game notification that says accept or ignore.

[quote=“skeeta92, post:1734, topic:30020”]

So lets say i would like for players to be able to accept invites in the game without the steam overlay like a in game notification how will i handle that? better yet… how do i accept session invites wiithout using the STEAM overlay …like i want a in game notification that says accept or ignore.

SendSessionInviteToFriend node to send.

To receive you would have to go in and connect the **LobbyInvite_T **notification to a delegate in the back end, otherwise you’d just have to let them do it through the overlay when it pops up.

I specifically haven’t done this myself on purpose, I would have to create a second gameinstance for steam specifically and this should already have been hooked up a long time ago in the steam subsystem itself.

Where is the lobbyInvite_T?

[quote=“skeeta92, post:1736, topic:30020”]

Where is the lobbyInvite_T?

In the steam SDK, you can go look it up.

How would you use the GetSteamGroups function to setup a Steam Group Server list, and to create a Join Steam Group button similar to some of Valve’s Games where you stay logged into the Steam Overlay and can just click Join Group without having to log in to Steam, as it does in a Web Browser?

I have a suggestion that would make this plugin rock, it needs Attenuation Override as it is in a Sound Cue. So you can make something like Localized Voice Chat in game. Then it would seem more realistic.

[quote=“DLROKen, post:1739, topic:30020”]

I have a suggestion that would make this plugin rock, it needs Attenuation Override as it is in a Sound Cue. So you can make something like Localized Voice Chat in game. Then it would seem more realistic.

Localized voice chat is in with 4.19 as part of the base engine, due to how they had the VoiceEngine coded it was not very easy to localize VOIP prior to 4.19 (have to replaces parts of the subsystems).

Have someone experienced somekind of laggy character movements replication after adding Advanced Sessions plugin?

Im developing a game based on MSGT product and decided to integrate Adv. Sessions to join the server across Steam. Works fine but I can feel a slightly lag when clients sprint. Someone told me more people experienced the same and fixed or solved that problem. I would need some help with this.
Thanks.

[quote=“gon, post:1741, topic:30020”]

Have someone experienced somekind of laggy character movements replication after adding Advanced Sessions plugin?

Im developing a game based on MSGT product and decided to integrate Adv. Sessions to join the server across Steam. Works fine but I can feel a slightly lag when clients sprint. Someone told me more people experienced the same and fixed or solved that problem. I would need some help with this.
Thanks.

The plugin has nothing to do with the engines networking system?

It just gets the clients to connect to the server, the rest of it is handled by the engine.

Any lag you are experiencing is how you are handling the replication, it wouldn’t be noticeable in local tests without setting fake delay through the console.

[quote=“, post:1740, topic:30020”]

Localized voice chat is in with 4.19 as part of the base engine, due to how they had the VoiceEngine coded it was not very easy to localize VOIP prior to 4.19 (have to replaces parts of the subsystems).

has anyone done anything showing how to setup voice chat properly in 4.19 yet?

[quote=“DLROKen, post:1743, topic:30020”]

has anyone done anything showing how to setup voice chat properly in 4.19 yet?

Its not even officially out yet? Regardless you just InitVOIPComponent with the player state of a remote player, and its all good.

Hey there, I’m having some problems with your plugin for the last few days, even tho’ it was working smoothly before. Could you take a look here, please: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/764308/advanced-sessions-cant-host-steam-session.html ?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, nice plugin though! :slight_smile:

Did Epic ever comment on the pull request? Any news about its status? It’s been up since early 2016, if I recall correctly.