Advanced Sessions Plugin

Hey, have you made a connection with 5.0-5.1? I’m having same joining issue.

1 Like

Does anyone know or is anyone else having the issue where in standalone, you cannot find the sessions? I am able to locate the sessions when packaging the game and uploading to steam but for playtesting that can be… cumbersome.

Hi, is it posible to create the online sesion (with eos) and let other players to join without use the login?

hello i do get same result (i can see ping but cant join) did you find a away to use steam socket and joining a game ?

Does anybody know if we can use the plugin for android dvlp ? If yes, what should I consider ?

I did not

Does anyone know if GetSteamPersonaName works if the person joining a game is set to Invisible on steam? Also, does GetSteamPersonaName only work for Friends? So if someone joins a game of a host who is not on their friends list, does it fail?

Does this make it so player host dont have to open there port 7777 , because its just not user friendly to do to players . i hate having to force players to open there port just to play a game makes alot of people not want to play. im hoping this sessions subsystem can avoid that , is this the case???

please and thank you :slight_smile:

No, but if you use a subsystem with nat punchthrough they don’t have to anyway

1 Like

so your saying advanced sessions will still force players to open portt 7777? beyond confusing ive had 2 people tell me it wont & 2 people tell me it will. really wish i could get a 100% answer , no idea what the hella nat punchthrough is i just want players to connect to eachother without having to sell my soul to do so. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this system have region lock? I tested it with other pcs in new york it works fine, but when my friend from slovenia (europe) can’t find sessions even though he’s a friend on steam :frowning:

If you are using the default testing AppID for steam it does have region lock yes, if you switch to the same download region in settings it will work until you get your own AppID.

This isn’t related to this plugin, its on steams end.

1 Like

how can i get AppID?

You have to be part of STEAMWORKS
Pay 100 USD or 70 £ for your game to be published on steam,

2 Likes

Needs fix in version 4.27.2, plugin is creating session able to be connectable only with SteamSockets plugin enabled (DefaultEngine.ini reconfigured for each case), Find sessions returns 0 if “Use LAN” option is disabled, In the steam server list, the server only appears in the “LAN” tab, in the internet tab it does not appear. I tested everything with open ports 27015, dedicated server reconfigured to -port 27015, ports on modem/windows, nothing. That’s it, it doesn’t work anymore, I’ve gone all over the internet and everyone from version 4.27 onwards has the same problem, I don’t know about previous versions.

how did you fixed this ???

been using this plugin for a week now i made some terrain edits and tried to pack the game to send to a friend but i get this unknown error with some messages about this plugin. how do i fix this why is it happening now?

why is it trying to delete those files and whats keeping it from succeeding ? this problem came out of nowhere

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc\AdvancedSessions\UHT)) (Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\
holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development\AdvancedSteamSessions)) (Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc\AdvancedSteamSessions\UHT)) (Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Unr
ealGame\Development (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development\AdvancedSessions))
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):  ---> Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc\AdvancedSessions\UHT)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskReplicator.Run[TState](ReplicatableUserAction`1 action, ParallelOptions options, Boolean stopOnFirstFailure)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.PartitionerForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](Partitioner`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 simpleBody, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ThrowSingleCancellationExceptionOrOtherException(ICollection exceptions, CancellationToken cancelToken, Exception otherException)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.PartitionerForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](Partitioner`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 simpleBody, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at UnrealBuildTool.CleanMode.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Clean>b__1() in D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\CleanMode.cs:line 259
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):  ---> (Inner Exception #1) Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development\AdvancedSteamSessions)<---
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):  ---> (Inner Exception #2) Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Inc\AdvancedSteamSessions\UHT)<---
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):  ---> (Inner Exception #3) Unable to delete C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development (Unable to delete \\?\C:\Users\holde\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\a737pm\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development\AdvancedSessions)<---
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Took 0.8264009999999999s to run dotnet.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\holde\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.1\UBT-a737pm-Win64-Development.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 3s
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Its trying to delete generated files on rebuilt but you have it in a one drive and its getting denied.

Hi, ive ran into an issue and im wondering if there is something i’m missing…

The way i have my set up is that when the Main Menu gets created it’ll immediately create a session, the player can then access their steam friends list, invite friends and have them join whilst still on the Main Menu… now, since they’re on the main menu and not actually in a proper lobby yet i want the session created to not be advertised as at this stage it should be friends only…

I then have a Host Session button on the main menu which will move the players from the main menu level over to the pre lobby level, now that they’re in a proper lobby the server can now be advertised… i thought Update Session would be the one to use but there is no Should Advertise bool

Am i missing something or is their actually no way to update the Should Advertise property of the current session once its been created?

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m currently discovering this plugin, I followed everything and kept it simple but it’s not working.

Maybe I need to precise that it’s working in LAN at least.

I can create sessions but whenever I try to find theim either it failed or the list is empty. I tried standalone and packaged shipping ( and adding the steam_appid ) the overlay is here I see the second steam account in the friend list but join always failed.

Here’s the blueprints :

I’m stuck on this for longer that I will to admit does anybody can help me get through ?