Advanced Sessions Plugin

Yes, to the extent that EOS follows the generic subsystems. Them changing the subsystems up to support EOS specifically has actually been breaking things like the steam subsystem as of late.

Hello .
Weā€™re still on 4.27.2 so things could change but just to be sureā€¦ in our version of AdvancedSessions I found potential bug in
UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced::Activate().
Input parameter ā€˜bAllowJoinViaPresenceā€™ isnā€™t propagated to OSS, instead ā€˜trueā€™ is always used.

BR,
Martin

[quote=ā€œM.Capousek, post:3193, topic:30020ā€]
bAllowJoinViaPresence

Fixed, canā€™t believe no-one ran into that before

I have 2 issues with connecting through Steam. (Using UE4.27 and AdvancedSessions 4.27) (Using Blueprint)

1. In CreateAdvancedSession: Setting the Bool Should Advertise to false (to create a Private server) does NOT allow me to invite my Steam friends. Only if itā€™s set to True. (The prompt to Invite To Lobby in Steam Friends UI does not show)

But according to the description: ā€œSet to true when the OnlineSubsystem should list your server when someone is searching for servers. Otherwise the server is hidden and only join via invite is possibleā€

1. In FindSessionsAdvanced setting the INT Min Slots Available to anything other than 0, leads to no Session being found. If I set it to 0, it can be found, if i set it to 1 (so I can at least have 1 free slot open) it canā€™t be found.

This however works if I PIE or Standalone (not using Steam). So this bug only occurs while playing through Steam (on 2 different PCs / steam accounts). How do I filter out so I donā€™t search for Lobbies that are already at maximum capacity? I donā€™t want to have to join a full Lobby only to be kicked out, itā€™s better if I filter out those from the search altogether.

Thanks for any input and clarification! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry to see this, but also thankful that Iā€™m not the only one with this issue lol. Have you made any progress? My sessions worked fine in 4.25 but after updating my project to 4.27, I cannot connect through Internet of advanced sessions.

Iā€™ve tried to install this on 4.26 and 4.27 and both time I run into this issue when I place the folders in the Project ā†’ Plugins folder. When I try to run my game I get a rebuild issue? No closes the project from opening and hitting yes will eventually spit out a ā€œCould not be compiled, Try rebuilding from source manuallyā€. Iā€™m just beginning to learn UE4 and going a blueprint only route, I have no clue how to fix this if it requires Visual Studio?

How do I change the session after it is already created in UE 5? As an example, the session always starts with 2 players and then the host wants to increase the number of players to 4. How do I change the session without having to create a new one?

There is an UpdateSession node

https://vreue4.com/GeneratedDocs/AdvancedSessions/UpdateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced/UpdateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced.html

Replying for others information after talking to him in PM:

From the steam subsystem, how it generates its lobby settings:

/**
 *	Generate the proper lobby type from session settings
 * @return type of lobby to generate, defaulting to private if not advertising and public otherwise
 */

if (bShouldAdvertise)
		{
			if (bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly)
			{
				// Presence implies invites allowed
				return k_ELobbyTypeFriendsOnly;
			}
			else if (bAllowInvites && !bAllowJoinViaPresence)
			{
				// Invite Only
				return k_ELobbyTypePrivate;
			}
			else //bAllowJoinViaPresence
			{
				// Otherwise public
				return k_ELobbyTypePublic;
			}
		}

Hey, Iā€™m trying to use the ā€˜Send Friend Inviteā€™ and ā€˜GetAndStoreRecentPlayersListā€™ functions, do these functions work? Should I add any special options to make these functions work?

I have had a problem with this for some time :confused:

In which subsystem? They are universal functions to the subsystem interface and not all features are implemented in all subsystems.

Iā€™m using Steam, those are functions I trying to use:

https://www.vreue4.com/GeneratedDocs/AdvancedSessions/SendFriendInviteCallbackProxy/nodes/UK2Node_AsyncAction.html

https://www.vreue4.com/GeneratedDocs/AdvancedSessions/GetRecentPlayersCallbackProxy/nodes/UK2Node_AsyncAction.html

After clicking the button, I want to send an invitation to friends on Steam, and display the list of players with whom I have recently played.

Hi can you help me out with an issue iā€™ve been stuck on for a while? My project runs perfectly on version 4.25, and Iā€™m able to connect through steam via the internet using two different PCā€™s. However, when I converted my project to version 4.27, I cannot find any servers anymore. I rebuilt my plugins from source manually, so I donā€™t think that is the issue. Do you know why my sessions arenā€™t appearing anymore after upgrading my engine version?

tahd

You using the default engine nodes? They made changes for EOS that screwed over all of the engine defaults for Steam in 4.27. I added the bSearchLobbies option to my nodes in 4.27 to let things keep working but the default session search node is broken.

is there any possibility that those nodes will work with Steam?

advanced sessions? yes they should

I have such a problem that inviting to my friend list doesnā€™t work. For example, inviting the same player to a session works flawlessly and we pass on practically the same data to that functions. Do you know what it could be caused by?