Advanced Sessions Plugin

is there plugin for 4.9.1? it says plugin needs to be recompiled

1 Like

[QUOTE=OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore;411707]
is there plugin for 4.9.1? it says plugin needs to be recompiled

4.9.2 is the 4.9 branch currently, youā€™d have to recompile if you are still on 4.9.1, I would suggest updating though and .2 is bug fixes.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;412240]
4.9.2 is the 4.9 branch currently, youā€™d have to recompile if you are still on 4.9.1, I would suggest updating though and .2 is bug fixes.

but i have 4.9.1 version compiled with nvidia technologies like hairworks, wave works etc. :frowning:

1 Like

[QUOTE=OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore;412252]
but i have 4.9.1 version compiled with nvidia technologies like hairworks, wave works etc. :frowning:

Well if you managed to do that then recompiling the plugin shouldnā€™t be a problem :p, just let it compile. You have all of the source to the plugin packaged with it.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;412318]
Well if you managed to do that then recompiling the plugin shouldnā€™t be a problem :p, just let it compile. You have all of the source to the plugin packaged with it.

i only compiled engine. Well how do i compile then, execute AdvancedSessions.Build file?

1 Like

? answer yes when it asks to recompile or launch from the IDE

1 Like

Iā€™d like to work on this on my MacBook when Iā€™m not at my PC, so Iā€™m using the Git plugin. However, when I try to open a clone of my project I get:

66160-screen+shot+2015-11-09+at+10.55.47+am.png

The plugin is there. I even re-downloaded to make sure nothing got lost via the .gitignore. Has anyone ran into anything like this?

1 Like

[QUOTE=ckj;416989]
Iā€™d like to work on this on my MacBook when Iā€™m not at my PC, so Iā€™m using the Git plugin. However, when I try to open a clone of my project I get:

The plugin is there. I even re-downloaded to make sure nothing got lost via the .gitignore. Has anyone ran into anything like this?

I am guessing the ā€˜codeā€™ on a mac is different so you would need to do whatever is necessary to get it into the c compiler for mac and make any needed changesā€¦ dunno though. I have a mac that is sitting in a corner and have thought about using it so I can make for PC and MAC, but I ran into this and havenā€™t had time to figure out the mac C++ stuff.

1 Like

[QUOTE=anonymous_user_ebed1c7copa;416997]
I am guessing the ā€˜codeā€™ on a mac is different so you would need to do whatever is necessary to get it into the c compiler for mac and make any needed changesā€¦ dunno though. I have a mac that is sitting in a corner and have thought about using it so I can make for PC and MAC, but I ran into this and havenā€™t had time to figure out the mac C++ stuff.

I had a feeling this might be the case. This is currently a blueprints only project (as Iā€™m following your tutorial, @arbopa ;)), even on PC. Iā€™m not sure how to build/compile a project from Xcode/VisStudio without creating it as a C++ project to begin with. For whatever reason Iā€™m not able to put together a Google search string that nets any useful results.

1 Like

[QUOTE=ckj;417005]
I had a feeling this might be the case. This is currently a blueprints only project (as Iā€™m following your tutorial, @arbopa ;)), even on PC. Iā€™m not sure how to build/compile a project from Xcode/VisStudio without creating it as a C++ project to begin with. For whatever reason Iā€™m not able to put together a Google search string that nets any useful results.

If you ever figure it out, let me know, I know zip about developing on a macā€¦ and honestly mine is sitting in a corner because I upgraded to Yosemitie and it seems slow as a dog to do anything anymoreā€¦ actually considered wiping it clean for a version of linux.

1 Like

Hey, I love this plugin it has saved me a lot of time and youā€™re definitely getting a special mention in our game :smiley: i cannot however figure out how to update ping for the person browsing or show how many players are actually in game. Any tips ? i have tried using the update session node but then the game wont show up at all in the serverlist.

1 Like

[QUOTE=DwunkyPengy;417265]
Hey, I love this plugin it has saved me a lot of time and youā€™re definitely getting a special mention in our game :smiley: i cannot however figure out how to update ping for the person browsing or show how many players are actually in game. Any tips ? i have tried using the update session node but then the game wont show up at all in the serverlist.

Ping and players doesnā€™t have anything to do with this plugin. You want to create a variable, say ā€˜This_Sessionā€™ of type BlueprintSessionResult, set it from the Array Element of your ForEachLoop of the array of sessions you found (hopefully this makes sense)ā€¦ Your ā€˜foundsessionsā€™ array of blueprintsessionresultsā€™s comeā€™s off of your ā€˜Find Session Advancedā€™ā€¦

Using your This_Session you can 'Get Current Players", ā€œGetMaxPlayersā€ and ā€œGet Ping in MSā€ ā€¦ all return an INT with the info. You need to build that into your server list.

1 Like

[QUOTE=arbopa;417273]
Ping and players doesnā€™t have anything to do with this plugin. You want to create a variable, say ā€˜This_Sessionā€™ of type BlueprintSessionResult, set it from the Array Element of your ForEachLoop of the array of sessions you found (hopefully this makes sense)ā€¦ Your ā€˜foundsessionsā€™ array of blueprintsessionresultsā€™s comeā€™s off of your ā€˜Find Session Advancedā€™ā€¦

Using your This_Session you can 'Get Current Players", ā€œGetMaxPlayersā€ and ā€œGet Ping in MSā€ ā€¦ all return an INT with the info. You need to build that into your server list.

Yeah, you could technically do it with the plugin but using the default functions is better as they already store the information and have functions dedicated to it, I tried to leave Epics implementations intact as the defaults where possible. As for it leaving the server list when you update, what version are you on? I fixed that on the plugin in 4.9 I believe, it forgot to pass in the game ID with the update command initially.

Edit Yeah this update message fixed that problem: 09/03/2015- Updated the 4.9 download, this version fixes the UpdateSession BP Node - 4.8 not updated, will be updated if requested only.

I then ended up updating the 4.8 branch on: 09/14/2015- Updated 4.8 download as it was requested.

So if you have an older version of the plugin it may be bugged still.

[QUOTE=ckj;416989]

I donā€™t own a Mac and so I canā€™t compile the plugin for one, none of the .dlls will be compatible with a mac without recompilation as they donā€™t even use .dlls. If you are working from a windows machine on the editor I believe that building the game FOR mac should still work however, but I cannot test.

1 Like

Ok cool, it is most likely just a bug than, im in 4.8 but ill convert to 4.9 and see if i have the same issues :smiley: thanks

1 Like

[QUOTE=DwunkyPengy;417751]
Ok cool, it is most likely just a bug than, im in 4.8 but ill convert to 4.9 and see if i have the same issues :smiley: thanks

I fixed it for 4.8 as well, but if your version of the plugin is old enough it wonā€™t have the fix.

1 Like

Compiling the plugin for 4.10, there appears to be massive problems with batch building and running more than one build type after each other with Visual Studio 2015 so itā€™s taking awhile as I have to clean the binaries after each compile.

Edit 4.10 download is up

1 Like

[QUOTE=;418298]
Compiling the plugin for 4.10, there appears to be massive problems with batch building and running more than one build type after each other with Visual Studio 2015 so itā€™s taking awhile as I have to clean the binaries after each compile.

Edit 4.10 download is up

Awesome, thanks.

1 Like

Hey, yeah I had just re downloaded your plugin for 4.8 and it works very well :smiley: pingā€™s still 9999 but thatā€™s a separate problem :smiley: thanks for the plugin, itā€™s saving me a lot of time!:cool:

1 Like

wow, first time i will use a plugin, was expecting to make game in blueprint only but it seem we cant do it yet, very nice job because now its probably possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

the node ā€œGet Session Settingsā€ always execute ā€˜On failureā€™ pin

any idea how to fix this?

1 Like