Advanced Sessions Plugin

So can i make Realms Servers with this ?? or i cant if i cant can some one send me with what i can make ?

1 Like

No you canā€™t without a lot of custom coding for your own subsystem. If you want realm/shard multiplayer then you are going to have to hand code everything unless someone puts in the massive work to make a compatible system.

Even then I donā€™t think a project that large should be in a plugin form anyway as it could be done far better as a source branch.

1 Like

Well can i make a server ? one server where can people get in

1 Like

Hey, first of all thanks for this awesome plugin!

Any plans on exposing the Steamworks Inventory System too?

1 Like

[QUOTE=Azarus;404964]
Hey, first of all thanks for this awesome plugin!

Any plans on exposing the Steamworks Inventory System too?

I doubt it since honestly I donā€™t think I could test it without access :p.

1 Like

I am pretty sure you can use the test appid which is 480 :slight_smile:

Also there are lots of awesome features in the SteamWorks SDK that many ppl would love to use in their games but they are not exposed in the engine :slight_smile:
Iā€™d like to see more features being implemented! Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

this plugin looks amazing and I wish this would be part of the blueprint system of UE4 natively!

But Iā€™m kind of stuck at the moment and Iā€™m trying to find out how to invite steam friends to my sessions. Could you please explain briefly with a simple screenshot how to do this?

My current first test looks like this:

The blueprint shows the total number of steam friends and my own playername, which makes me really happy so far. But as you can see in the upper part I donā€™t know how to get more advanced access to my friends list in order to invite friends :frowning:

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

1 Like

Get friend retrieves a friend structure from the array using a players unique net id, when looping over the friend array you donā€™t need the get friend node, just break the Array Element on the loop instead. When you present the information to the player then store the uniquenetid so when they try to invite that person you can reference them.

1 Like

Hi ,

thanks for your reply, that helped! Iā€™ve managed to get my full friends list from steam and display the information like friendā€™s name, online status etc. in a printstring on screen.

But Iā€™m struggling with the invitation itself. Every time I grab a UniqueID with index X from the friendā€™s array, I can display the friendā€™s information properly but the invitation fails. As a simple test I tried to invite myself as you can see in the attached screenshots. This works fine except that I donā€™t get a steam overlay that notifies me about the invitiation (The overlay in the attached screenshot is the basic ā€œSteam is activeā€ overlay that show up when you start a steam game)

And Iā€™m wondering why I need to plugin a player controller into the node and not only the Unique ID if you want to send an invite to a friend from your steam friendā€™s list who is currently not in your game and who doesnā€™t have a player controller at this point?

The whole subsystem is still quite confusing to me and I would be really grateful if you could clarify the procedure of inviting steam friends to your game :slight_smile:

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

1 Like

Iā€™ll go over it later, but you need the player controller because you can technically have multiple local players logged into a subsystem (not steam) the player controller is for the person inviting and it uses their information to send the invite.

1 Like

Hey when will be done for UE4 4.10

1 Like

[QUOTE=demonith88;407504]
Hey when will be done for UE4 4.10

When it is more stable, still seems a bit buggy. The day they release 10 I will have to recompile it anyway so you canā€™t stay on the same version across.

Also Danial, did me describing the player controller input pin help or do you still need more information?

I should probably ā€œmakeā€ a note for what that is for.

Edit ā€œmakeā€ was censored?

Re-Edit For the record tested on the current preview build of 4.10 and the plugin compiled without issue, should be able to use source versions as is. Will compile a binary version when 4.10 is officially out.

1 Like

Hi ,

thanks for your quick explanation but unfortunately my problem is not solved so far.

Iā€™ve managed to create a very simple Lan multiplayer game without your plugin (both players need to run the compiled game and player A acts as the server and player B connects to player Aā€™s ip-adress via shortcut from the original .exe) and I know the very basics of creating networking games.

But what I could need is some quick basic how-to-setup steam multiplayer with your BP nodes. At this point I donā€™t really understand how this works. My guess was that I can simply get my steam friends in the game instance, then pick one or more specific friends from that list and send him an invite so that he gets some steam overlay popping up on his screen so that he can connect to my game via the steam online subsystem.

It would really help me out if you could post some very basic tutorial (some screenshots) how to implement this logic in BP.

Sorry for the many questions and best regards :o
Daniel

1 Like

[QUOTE=;407537]
When it is more stable, still seems a bit buggy. The day they release 10 I will have to recompile it anyway so you canā€™t stay on the same version across.

Also Danial, did me describing the player controller input pin help or do you still need more information?

I should probably ā€œmakeā€ a note for what that is for.

Edit ā€œmakeā€ was censored?

Re-Edit For the record tested on the current preview build of 4.10 and the plugin compiled without issue, should be able to use source versions as is. Will compile a binary version when 4.10 is officially out.

Well thx for replay well i just try to recompile my project to 4.9 that i can use this but till i make all things in my game it gona take time till they make official 4.10 and thn i can use :slight_smile:

1 Like

[QUOTE=demonith88;408079]
Well thx for replay well i just try to recompile my project to 4.9 that i can use this but till i make all things in my game it gona take time till they make official 4.10 and thn i can use :slight_smile:

Iā€™m generally not going to support preview releases with the plugin, promoting everyone to switch to the newest buggy release before it is out is just going to cause headaches.

1 Like

yeah i know i dont want to them to do that i will work on project till they release official 4.10 version of UE4 and then this plug in i hope they will work thill then

1 Like

Im not sure what to do but end session is taking for ever to succeed and you cannot search for a new game until the client has ended there session. Also if you try to create a game before ending the session you were in the create goes on forever and never creates a game.

If you do a search before the session has been ended the search continues forever, but once the session has successfully ended the search for session works again and you find games. The issue is the amount of time it take to end or destroy a session.

Not sure if anyone else is still having this issue?

1 Like

Can some one make voicechat example BP

1 Like

[QUOTE=demonith88;410794]
Can some one make voicechat example BP

Yeah sorry, wife had sudden surgery and I wonā€™t have the time to put together a tut for awhile.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;410864]
Yeah sorry, wife had sudden surgery and I wonā€™t have the time to put together a tut for awhile.

**** wish her luck what ever it isā€¦

1 Like