Advanced Sessions Plugin

[quote=“Red_Sun_Master, post:2195, topic:30020”]

im having issues with session creation, i create a session, and i seems to of worked but then when i try to find sessions it returns 0 results.

Are you searching from a different instance? And if so, what does your output log show.

[quote=“, post:2196, topic:30020”]

Are you searching from a different instance? And if so, what does your output log show.

yes, i’m searching from a different instance, here is the output log.

hope that helps, i dont have time at the moment to look over this but i will take a look at it later because i can see some errors

[quote=“Red_Sun_Master, post:2197, topic:30020”]

yes, i’m searching from a different instance, here is the output log.

Alright, well you are attempting to run it PIE, PIE already creates a “proxy” session to connect multiple clients in that can screw with things.

You should try launching with the -game parameter to your uproject or right click and LaunchGame to test this way, or even better yet, package the project out to Development and test with a hard executable. You can technically host LAN from two instances in editor, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

[quote=“, post:2198, topic:30020”]

Alright, well you are attempting to run it PIE, PIE already creates a “proxy” session to connect multiple clients in that can screw with things.

You should try launching with the -game parameter to your uproject or right click and LaunchGame to test this way, or even better yet, package the project out to Development and test with a hard executable. You can technically host LAN from two instances in editor, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

i just tried that with 2 separate instances of the built game, and still no luck

the first image is the log of the host, and the second image is the one trying to find the game.

[quote=“Red_Sun_Master, post:2199, topic:30020”]

i just tried that with 2 separate instances of the built game, and still no luck

the first image is the log of the host, and the second image is the one trying to find the game.

Now you are loading the steam subsystem? Was this on seperate computers?

[quote=“, post:2200, topic:30020”]

Now you are loading the steam subsystem? Was this on seperate computers?

i was doing this on the same computer. ill test on different computers

[quote=“Red_Sun_Master, post:2201, topic:30020”]

Make sure that they are both running the steam client if you are going to use the steam subsystem.

[quote=“Red_Sun_Master, post:2201, topic:30020”]

ok, so i got it to give me 1 result when refreshing, i had to be on different steam accounts on different computers, is there a way to have this change depending on whether steam is open or not. making it so sessions can be found without steam

I am trying this in 4.22.1, on a MAC system and am getting this at the restart step.
Missing ThirdPerasonCustom Modules
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
AdvancedSteamSessions
AdvancedSessions
Would you like to rebuild them now?
“ThirdPerasonCustom” being my Project name When I select Yes, it says build fail, what could be the problem?

//delete message

[quote=“ChicMicDev, post:2204, topic:30020”]

I am trying this in 4.22.1, on a MAC system and am getting this at the restart step.
Missing ThirdPerasonCustom Modules
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
AdvancedSteamSessions
AdvancedSessions
Would you like to rebuild them now?
“ThirdPerasonCustom” being my Project name When I select Yes, it says build fail, what could be the problem?

You need to re-build in the compiler, I cannot put out pre-built mac binaries as I do not own one.

Hi guys,

I have a trouble in with the Find Sessions Advanced Node, and I can’t find what I’m doing wrong. I’m currently trying to find a created session with an other computer. Session is found with the “classic Find Session Node”, but not with the advanced one.

I tried to change several paramters but it was not sucessful at all. I woul be thankful if someone can’t point my error.

Used Engine version is 4.21.2

Edit: I have probably shuffled my packagins during my first test. I Works perfectly as expected.

I’m experiencing something unexpected: I call “Mute Remote Talker” from a Functions BP, passing in the player state of an opponent. For some reason the player getting muted is myself, not the remote talker. If I disable steam and run two local instances of the game, everything works as expected (I mute the remote talker).

Have you ever seen this? Also, I see the option “Is System Wide”, which is currently unchecked. What does this option do?

Hi. Just want to ask about the current state of a few bugs present, which I’m informed are on the steam side of things, but still would like to know of any workarounds in blueprints.

The main one is not knowing how many players are in a session - it does not update beyond the first joining player.

Other one

• full sessions cannot appear in results (makes game look more empty than it already is!)
  • is playing seems to be true even when a player is idling in the menu. use case - i have a menu list of friends, with a join button, which should not work if the player is not in a session.

Thanks! Great plugin, has made my project very easy to get off the ground.

Something I don’t get. I want to MUTE a player (W4lly63), instead what happens is:

• They get muted.
  • The name printed on screen does not match their username, mine is actually displayed (_SCAR)
  • They get unmuted.
  • I can hear them in game.

This is the code I’m using:

Printed on screen I see MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true.

I’m seeing this in the logs:

[2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Muting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A57C100])
[2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true
[2019.06.09-11.44.03:037][904]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Unmuting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A578AA0])

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone point me in the right direction, I’ve been at it for months now…

Thank you,
r.

[quote=“ostinelli, post:2209, topic:30020”]

Something I don’t get. I want to MUTE a player (W4lly63), instead what happens is:

• They get muted.
  • The name printed on screen does not match their username, mine is actually displayed (_SCAR)
  • They get unmuted.
  • I can hear them in game.

This is the code I’m using:

https://i.gyazo.com/5bb0c9dc29b1fe37864d7f005ea8550a.png

Printed on screen I see MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true.

I’m seeing this in the logs:

[2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Muting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A57C100])
[2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true
[2019.06.09-11.44.03:037][904]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Unmuting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A578AA0])

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone point me in the right direction, I’ve been at it for months now…

Thank you,
r.

The steam subsystems implementation of GetPlayerName is implemented wrong on Epics end, both the local user version AND the uniquenetId version call SteamFriendsPtr->GetPersonaName() which just gets the local clients name. You want to use my AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary version which directly calls the correct steam friends function.

GetSteamPersonaName
https://.bitbucket.io/AdvancedSteamSessions/Advanced/AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary/nodes/GetSteamPersonaName.html

[quote=“, post:2210, topic:30020”]

The steam subsystems implementation of GetPlayerName is implemented wrong on Epics end, both the local user version AND the uniquenetId version call SteamFriendsPtr->GetPersonaName() which just gets the local clients name. You want to use my AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary version which directly calls the correct steam friends function.

GetSteamPersonaName
https://.bitbucket.io/Adva…rsonaName.html

Thank you for your reply. The name doesn’t really matter though, this is just me trying to debug the issue. Good to know that at least that explains it.

So, the important matter is: why does the player get muted/unmuted in a fraction of a second?
Any timing issues with PlayerStates you might be aware of?

[quote=“ostinelli, post:2211, topic:30020”]

Thank you for your reply. The name doesn’t really matter though, this is just me trying to debug the issue. Good to know that at least that explains it.

So, the important matter is: why does the player get muted/unmuted in a fraction of a second?
Any timing issues with PlayerStates you might be aware of?

That sounds more like a logic error on your part that it auto unmutes, your original description made it sound like it was working but was showing the wrong name.

If it isn’t a logic error then I would have no idea and it would be an engine bug with the new changes for voice for the steam subsystem.

[quote=“, post:2212, topic:30020”]

That sounds more like a logic error on your part that it auto unmutes, your original description made it sound like it was working but was showing the wrong name.

If it isn’t a logic error then I would have no idea and it would be an engine bug with the new changes for voice for the steam subsystem.

Thank you for your reply. I do not have any unmute logic, as I’m trying to pinpoint what the issue may be… Any ideas of what I could try?

[quote=“ostinelli, post:2213, topic:30020”]

Thank you for your reply. I do not have any unmute logic, as I’m trying to pinpoint what the issue may be… Any ideas of what I could try?

Honestly? no… I would have to be able to reproduce it and debug it, and even then it wouldn’t be on the node side of things.