Advanced Material Pack

Awesome, it’s now up to 27 votes in less than a day, thanks for the support! I can’t wait to see what people create with these materials once they’re available.

Looks good!

I don’t have a Trello account, but I will make one to vote , gz!:slight_smile:

Heh, thanks! You can just login to Trello using your Google account too if you like, makes it easier.

Great stuff, I see some good outdoor materials. If turns out to be beneficial for you which i hope so and i will be purchasing both your packs, please consider doing a set for landscape materials. I think there is a strong need for a landscape pack.

I’ve voted for on the Trello. I’d very much pick these up, if the price was right.

It’s very nice stuff and as i look also some fine materials.

Thanks for all of the votes! The pack now has 51 votes and according to the marketplace update thread thread it has been added to the marketplace. So once it’s actually up for sale i will post here.

I’m curious about your water shader. If it’s using the translucent mode, how did you get around the weak specularity with normal maps, etc? I’ll eventually know once it hits the marketplace, but I was just wondering.

@JamesEmory - I’m using a texture passed through a reflection vector to create the look of a reflection and an emissive mask for the shimmering effect, all of which is controllable via instanced perams.

The other water shader s opaque so it has screen space reflections.

Do you have an idea of what the cost of material pack will be?

@JamesEmory - I do but I’m not sure whether or not I’m allowed to say before it’s actually up for sale but hopefully it will be available on the marketplace soon. I have priced it well considering the amount of time it took to perfect the materials and the amount of time it will save anyone who buys them.

I don’t believe there’s such a restriction (I could be wrong, however). I’ve seen other people confirm their pricing here on the forums, so I doubt that’s an. Either way, looking forward to checking these out at some point!

Good News! The pack is now in queue to be put onto the Marketplace and shows as ‘Coming Soon’.

Can’t wait to see what everyone creates with the materials!

I really hoped that it would come out with todays batch. Oh well, guess I have to wait another week to throw my money at you :slight_smile:

I don’t plan on using your stuff, but I am buying it so I can learn from you. The terrain and water are your biggest selling points, IMO, and that’s exactly what I’m buying the pack for.

Heh :slight_smile:

@JamesEmory - I have everything set up so it’s easy to understand and dissect, it’s all labeled and organized well.

I’m currently working on video showing what all you can do wit the materials via the instance parameters, I’ll post the link here once it’s ready.

Very impressed, keep them coming. I never see much in the way of snowy materials, might be worth while?

But all will save us time, so definite buy from me.

Well, is ‘Edition 1’ so a Snow material isn’t out of the question for ‘Edition 2’ :wink:

Actually with the materials in pack you should be able to pull off a nice snow material by re-purposing one of them, possibly the Skin material.