Advanced Laser, Energy, & Bullet Decal System

Hey thanks Medartimus for the kind words and question. Currently, the engine doesn’t support decals on translucent materials. If you go into the Decal Content example map and swith the brick material to translucent, you will see all modes of decals break.

This is problem for people who want windows. Here is what others are doing until the engine can support this feature.

Hope that helps!

I just wanted to thank you for moving the level blueprint into a function!
I’m really happy with this pack, one of the best assets on the market place.

Awesome! I should of done that to begin with but didn’t think of it till someone on this thread suggested it. Plus I got to learn something new! Thanks =)

Anybody ever got this working with Realistic Weapons BP? I cant seem to get the two working together. Seems like the vectors I am passing are not the correct ones.

I did a Get Actor Location for the spawned bullet and get forward vector out of the rotation of the bullet. Doesnt seem to work at all.

Fixed it :slight_smile: In fire range was set to 0… two days of effort… :slight_smile:

Devero - I can get all decals working but on glass. Is there an extra trick to getting glass working?

Hey there. So whats happening with the glass decals? They are not being placed at all?

Yep not being placed at all. I am running, metal, wood and concrete next to it and it works fine. Glass gives the sound, and particle effect (so it is identifying glass) but no decals.

Hey guys, I’m sorry. I am having a very hard time figuring this out. I am trying to follow all the directions that you guys have providing here on the forum. But I am still having trouble. Can’t seem to get anything to work. By any chance, is there a video tutorial on this?

Ok, Sometimes the material the decal is being placed on can effect the look. Can you send me a screenshot of the glass material material setup you have?

Currently there is not a video tutorial on this, I will look into it. However, lets try to figure out your problem as I need more info on your exact issue.

1. Are you able to load the AdvancedDecals demo map and see the correct decals when shot?
    ->If No, did you load the physics ini file
    –>If Yes, are you able to see the correct Physical Surfaces under the “Physics” category inside of the “Project Settings”

2. Right click inside of your level blueprint and type “Advanced”. Do you see the Advanced Decal Functions category?

3. What version of the engine are you using? (4.6 or 4.7.3) Is it the launcher build or Github build?

4. Can you explain your project setup a little. If its based off of one of the Engine Templates, which one?

If you can answer these questions, I’ll be more than glad to help you figure it out =)

Sorry for delay Devero. Just replaced my computers and having some issues restoring my project on the new comp…

Side question while I am working on that. Did you ever look at creating a package around projectile and tracers (i.e. bullet tracers, different energy bolts etc etc). Might fit nicely with your other packages and dont think anybody has done it.

any idea when this will be updated to work with 4.8? It appears as though the majority of the BPs crash the engine when trying to open them in the updated engine version.

No problem =), Yeah, I have some things in the works that I had to put on hold. However, I plan on getting back to them in the near future.

Hi kbrownski, I have been working with Epic to get the issue resolved. There are some fixes that need to happen due to the 4.8 changes but I will post once the update is done.

Thanks for bringing this up! =)

Hey Devero - I also have switched the project to 4.8 and are having stability issues when adding this package. Any ETA on a fix for 4.8? Is it a confirmed issue?

Devero - Any update on this?

Its fixed and awaiting Rollout! I reported 2 engine bugs while making the fix.

I have submitted the update to Epic to push it out. Thanks for everyone’s patience. It was a difficult one to figure out. The root cause basically was don’t use split structs in your blueprint nodes. =)

Reference of bug reports if interested:

Awesome. U da man.

How about getting some of those energy/particle projectile packs going… :slight_smile: I am a buyer… :slight_smile:

Devero, love your support and love this pack.