Adding texture with opacity mask to landscape

Hello guys,

i wanted to add an simple pavestone texture to my landscape so i can easily paint it on the map

but i don’t know how to do that. It would be very nice if you could help me with that, if this is even possible yet.

thanks in advance

Picture of Material:

Material-setup:

Landscape-setup:

Landscape-setup in detail:

Landscape-setup in detail:

no one can help?

I’m also interested how to do it. This way it would be possible to make nice transitions between textures, not only a standard smooth transition.

Hi everyone,

You have two options for this (outside of creating a specific static mesh for your pathway, which I feel would be unnecessary in this case). You can add the pavestone material by way of material functions. If you right click in the content browser and create>Material submenu>material function you will be able to create one. In here, make sure to add a “makematerialattributes” node and then add your textures as normall, plug the output of your makematerialattributes into the results node. In your landscape texture you need to do a bit of work to get this to work as well. Go to your material attributes node and check the checkbox “use material attributes”. After this, create a “makematerialattributes” node for each texture you will be using (the good part about this is you can add both the texture and normal to the make material attributes, then plug those into the layer blends). Additionally, add a material function call with the material function being your function. Add this to one of your layers, then plug the full layer blend tree into your landscapes material attributes node (which should now only have one pin showing). For more information on material functions, click here:

Or you can use landscape splines to add a pathway with the texture you have chosen. More on landscape splines can be found here: Landscape Splines in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

I am attaching images of my setup that I used to test this, I cannot guarantee it will work with your specific setup, but it may be an option.

thanks man you’re awesome