"Add Scene Capture Component 2D" Show Flags?

I need help figuring out how to set the “Show Flags” for a Scene Capture Component 2D when creating it in BP. When manually adding such a component to the scene, I get these options:

But when creating it programmatically through the “Add Scene Capture Component 2D” BP node, I only have these limited options:

But I need to override the show flags to isolate the object being rendered. Can I do this with blueprint? Or can I maybe instantiate the Blueprint class that I made (TalkingHeadSceneCapture2D) which already contains the appropriate settings? I could not find out how.

EDIT:
As per my answer below, I did manage to place the component - but I still can’t get the engine to actually honor the Show Flags. When manually placing my Blueprinted SceneCapture2D into the level, I get this (correct) render target output (although I do have to toggle the “Show Fog” option once to actually remove the sky! Bug?):

Whereas with the Blueprint-instantiated scene capture, I get this output:

I think I can work around the issue by having a manually placed instance of the SceneCapture2D Blueprint, and moving it around to point at the correct actor when needed, but that seems somewhat untidy. Also it means that the first frame of the render buffer is always wrong. I’d be grateful for any help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, feeling a little stupid now - this was so easy. I drag-and-dropped the blueprint class that I made into the blueprint that instantiates it, resulting in a “Add Child Actor Component” with the correct class set. I tried all sort of stuff before - like Construct Object from Class, Spawn Actor - but didn’t find the correct way…

I’m having the same issue with the Show Flags. Did you ever figure this out?

I’m having the same issue where my scene capture is showing everything in the level instead of only showing the selected flags in the “Show Flags” I’ve added the SceneCaptureBP to my character blueprint as a child actor.

I solve this by creating a variable with the type ‘Engine Show Flags Setting.’ Set this variable to an array, then add elements and set them to true or false according to your desired result. For example, Anti Aliasing ‘False,’ Atmosphere ‘False,’ BSP ‘False,’ Cloud ‘False,’ Static Meshes ‘True’ and so on.

In the construction script of the blueprint, get your target scene capture component 2D and call ‘Set show flag settings’ with this array variable."

1 Like