add character to play

I have done this before, but for some reason. I can’t import the or a basic mannequin to the scene as a playable character. The project I made did not include it automatically, but in UE 5 I can’t find where to add it from so I am this character at spawn. I do find the player start part, just not how to actually be and move a character

Hey @BrechtCorbeel!

Give this video a watch, it’ll give you all you need to know about the subject, and then a little more for moving forward! :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: This link is not associated with Unreal Engine, Epic Games, or their partners.

Well this is kind of what I mean the 3rdpersongammode that this tutorial shows is already not in my project and I can’t pick or use it

So you don’t have a character to use in the first place? Is that what I’m gathering?

Can you get some screenshots or anything to help convey the issue? :slight_smile:

Well it is hard to convey through a screenshot I am in 3rd person when I press play, I can find a or the mannequins in the project, but there is no option to add 3rd person mode and I wonder how to add that, I stared from an empty scene. (I am also obviously not a character, but an invisible flying entity)

I gotcha. So you don’t have the third person template pack to work with. I have a few things and options for you then!

So if you want to create a third person character from scratch, here’s the documentation on how to go about that:

If that’s not what you want to do, you can also add the third person character from the ThirdPerson Template by following this thread here:

After finding out about migration and going through too much confusing or half ■■■■■ tutorials and documentation (half ■■■■■ in that it never really got where I wanted it to be) I created a new project and migrated the 3rd person folder. and set the corret game mode values in World Settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.