Actors flicker when spawning

Video: Flickering Hair Demo - YouTube

I’m creating a character customization level. My Hair Components are all separate Blueprints. The way I wrote the code was to delete the prior Hair Blueprint then spawn the new one at the same location. I noticed it flickers when called. My other features which don’t spawn actors, but rather change materials on the actor, don’t have this flicker issue. Any idea how I can eliminate or reduce this flicker?

This is the code called when button is pressed.

This is the Spawn Event on the character Actor.

I notice the GetActors worked, you’re welcome by the way… :wink:

The blueprint is spawning above the head and getting repositioned.

Make the default hair in the blueprint, hidden. Then spawn and a ( very ) short while later, make the hair visible.

Thanks for the answer!

Any clue why the hair is spawning above the head? Is it a collision thing? Is there a better way to spawn it in in the first place, or is putting a delay on setting spawned objects to visible standard practice?

Adding a delay only seems to make character bald for a split second. You are saying that I should set the hair to hidden then make it visible? Why is the hair spawning above the head then moving in the first place?

I’m not noticing this flicker with other spawned object, only these hair objects. I can’t seem to pin down the variable here that is leading to the hair objects adjusting positions after spawn to move to their spawn location.

This is still an issue, but I guess my game will ship with this bug since I don’t really know why its happening.