Actors disappear in scene when making any changes to position or rotation.

When I make changes to any BP object in the Viewport, My object disappears. They only reappear when i toggle a setting in the details panel(Physics tick, Hidden in game, generate physics tick, overlap generation etc.) The actor is not set to hidden by default, but it still gets hidden when trying to alter position rotation and scale.

Is this a bug or a feature I can turn off?

I think it’s world partition. You can select the area in the partition map, right-click, and choose load selected regions.

Another option, is to right click on the actor in the outliner, and choose ‘pin’.

This is what my world partition setting is. Is this default?

I used pin before, but now the option to pin doesn’t appear. Did I turn off a setting for it?

I don’t know where you’re seeing those options. What engine version do you have?

If you don’t have partition turned on, then I assume it’s something else. Perhaps something you have in the construction script?

I don’t have anything that i set up personally that would change it. So it’s either a setting in the engine I turned on, or possible a bug.

I’m using 5.1, the newest version.

Take a look in the world partition editor

Do you have

or

It says that I have it disabled

Anything in the construction script?

I haven’t used the construction scripts of my actors yet.

Is there a way for me to send a video in this thread? Should I upload a video to Youtube of it happening?

You can load a vid here, unless you haven’t been posting for very long.

Otherwise YT is an option :slight_smile:

Ya, i’m an old account but just recently got active. I’ll post to Youtube later today and upload my issue. It happens with Packaged Level Actors as well, so getting this to work would be a huge time saver since i’m working blind ahaha

Thank you for all the help so far, hopefully you or someone will get back to this thread when I have added the video!

1 Like

Epilepsy WARNING - For some reason my recording would always have an intense flickering of white with OBS. I tried a few times and tried another program but the result was the same. Seriously, be careful watching this. I tried to dim the video as much as i could so that it can retain information and stay readable while the brightness isn’t overbearing.

Again, this is a very poor quality video, I just couldn’t get it working. So if you need another one let me know. i understand because this one is horrid.

Sorry for the late upload. I have a video on one of my projects where this occurs with many assets. In this it is shown that the only assets are affected are the MASS Actor level BP, but this occurs with other assets not related tot he Packaged Level Actor assets, I just couldn’t get it bugging again after a restart.

Yikes! It’s really hard to see what’s happening.

What kind of blueprint is it?

I can try another program, or maybe even Relive to get a good recording. I guess there might be some application causing issues with recording.

That specific asset is a packaged level actor (PLA or The prefab equivalent of Unity i think.) I followed documentation and multiple youtube tutorials, but only i have this issue, and is across every project when using PLA, But what ends up happening, is that just Blueprints in general or sometimes even static meshes do the same thing. It’s not very consistent except for the PLA. So i think it may be a possible bug.

1 Like

I figured out what the issue was, Apparently OBS doesn’t like when you’re recording a selected monitor but the application is open on a different one.

I’ll have an updated video uploaded shortly.

1 Like

Here is a better quality version, my mouse however wasn’t included for some odd reason. It still shows up sometimes, but what i’m doing mostly is showing that the Hidden in game actor option and visibility is not touched and they should be visible, when I select and alter the PLA they disappear from the view port.

A second look and the video doesn’t seem smooth now… Ok, I guess one more time…

Ok this one is good. Sorry for the spam haha.

There is lag when I toggle the asset hidden on and off so that it becomes visible. You could probably see that in the other videos. This is the best I can get you right now.

I can’t help noticing that error before you build. Did you try clicking ‘yes all’?

Yes, the same result.

The reason for the pop up is because i have multiple levels set up, to hold the lighting , volumetric,fog etc for each scene.

One is a night scene with fog and a skysphere HDRI and the other is a daytime setting with dust and a warmer palette. It just takes longer to build so i choose the yes to one.

1 Like

And you haven’t adjusted the material?