Activating Eye Adaptation makes my scene too bright ! (work nicely without eye adaptation)

Hello community ! I’m sure this subject have been talked about many time but I cannot find any answer that suit my problem so far…

Ok, here is the problem: I made the lighting of my scene (Sunset time / beginning of the night at the bottom of a giant dam with the sunlight coming from the opposite side of the dam in sort of most of my scene is in the shadow of the dam).

So, I’m pretty happy with the lighting I made, and I always worked with NO Eye Adaptation (in the Exposure panel, Min Brightness and max Brightness values fixed to 1 to be sure), my problem being now that I finished my lighting I want to activate the Eye Adaptation, So I start to tweak the Min Brightness and Max Brightness values…And when it comes to the Min Brightness, going to 0.95 already affect the scene a lot when looking outside at the background in the shadow, so it is impossible to me to go nearby the 0 value as recommended. default value of 0.03 giving me a super bright scene ! ><
Did I miss something ? Is it important to stick to a value of Min Brightness somewhere nearby 0 as the default of 0.03 ? What can be the explanation about what cause my scene to be too bright when using a low Min Brightness value ?

Thanks for your help !

TO RECAP:
.SCENE IN THE SHADOW
.SCENE WORKING NICELY WITH NO EYE ADAPTATION
.WAY TOO BRIGHT WHEN HAVING A MIN BRIGHTNESS VALUE NEXT TO 0

Thanks again !

You should adjust the Exposure Bias if the brightness is consistently high. The min and max will affect how far the adaptation can change, not brightness of the result.

I always tough tweaking the Exposure Bias (exposure compensation in the actual version of UE4) was a last resort solution…
I wonder if there would be a solution to already have a lighting properly working before to start tweaking the Exposure Bias.

Also other problem: getting a bias of let’s say -2 would darken the entire scene (including the surfaces directly lighted by the sun), and that is not necessarily what I want… As previously said, the scene is fine when not using the eye adapatation, so I am wondering why the luminosity goes so bright when looking at the background.

Also you say " if the brightness is consistently high" but it is not constant… I have few rooms semi-opened to the outside and there is no problem there.
Problem only comes when fully outside.