Accurate Projectiles

How can I get more accurate projectiles that shoot at the direction I am aiming, right now it is a big fire ball that goes all over the place?

Hey @Tamarar357!

To cover all of our bases. Is this supposed to be first person, third person, top down? Could you describe what you mean when you say that the ball goes all over the place? I’m assuming this is attached to your character right?

Any additional specifics or screenshots you provide may go a long way in solving your problem!

Hi there! It is third person, so when I face one direction it goes correctly, but I need it in a small straight line projectile. Right now when I turn it still mostly goes the old direction or doesn’t go the correct direction I am currently facing. I got this tutorial off RPG Tutorial Virtus Learning Tutorials on Youtube. I am wondering how to make a more accurate fireball that goes the direction I am facing? It is hard to get screenshot because it fires it so fast the fireball I mean. Thanks!

Use the character forward vector.

Thanks I’ll try that character forward vector, and I guess I need to mess with the projectile settings itself to get a straighter line fireball, thanks

Not really. You give it a direction and speed (velocity) and off it goes. Disable gravity if it’s supposed to fly straight.

Awesome will try that! thanks