abstract creative_device

I’m trying to create an abstract device that other devices can inherit fields and methods from, however I cannot make my device class abstract since creative_device is concrete. Am I doing something wrong?
I have a parent effect which has fields like Trigger, Message, Timer. And I need the effect devices to have to fill in these fields, as well as have a method called TriggerEffect():void that handles calls from another device.

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like you are pretty far along with things actually. I guess the rub is that abstract allows for partial implementation while an interface requires full implementation. Is it a deal breaker for it not to be abstract? Just curious.

Hello there! Thank you for answering!
Yes, I’d say it is a deal breaker if it’s not abstract. I am trying to make use of devices to create a pet/dog/cat situation and I have values that all pets would share so I want to write those down in the abstract parent class, however, it being a device doesn’t allow me to make it abstract. The solution of adding those values to each pet (dog, cat, etc.) isn’t really scalable