About Texture Group : 2D Pixel (unfiltered)

Hihi, Im working around with pixel painting ,
and i run into a problem that my render target get blur after SHIPPING BUILD.
everything works fine in editor and Development build .

i tried using simple texture with 2D pixel (unfiltered), setting the Filter to Nearest.
and it gets blur too in shipping mode,
so maybe theres an issue with 2D pixel texture group in shipping mode?

any idea or advice will be gratful , thanks!

(left is in editor and dev build , right is shipping build)

1 Like

Hello, just to latch on to this thread. Our entire game is pixel art textures and we are seeing the same thing. We are using the 2D pixel (unfiltered) group and everything looks good in Editor and Dev builds but in Shipping builds it look blurry. We have found that if we manually change the filter type on each texture from Default (from Texture Group) to Nearest it seems to work. But that is not a good long term answer and not what I would expect to happen, especially since the behavior is different between Dev and Shipping builds. We would also like insight into this.

1 Like

thanks for your reply! i know that Texture does have a Filter “Nearest” to edit ,

,but in Render target texture,i have to check Auto Gernerate Mips then change the Mips Sampler Filter to Nearest , but that doesn’t work for me after shipping build :frowning:

same here wondering what is the difference between dev and ship build in texture sampling.

BTW, im using Unreal 5.1.1 .

1 Like

anyone knows :frowning: ?

1 Like

hi, i had the same exact problem as you and managed to fix it with the help of this post: 3D widget nearest neighbor filtering - #3 by BOBtheROSS, a solution that was sourced from a reddit post on r/unrealengine by a user called novacrazy.

here’s a quick guide:

create a custom node in the shader graph for your render target material

paste this into the code property in the node:

return TextureObject.Load(int3(PixelIndex,0));

add two inputs in the node: “TextureObject” and “PixelIndex”, and set output type as CMOT Float 4

turn your render target texture sample into a texture object

hook it up into the tex input on the custom node

hook the texture object into a texture property node (set to texture size)

hook that up to a multiply node, multiplied by the texcoord

hook the output to the pixelindex input in the custom node

you’re done, make a shipping build out of your project and the render target should be in nearest neighbour filtering mode

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.