Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Yea, I think I mentioned this to you in the Discord channel. I’ll expose the Location Target in the next patch but you can use the Vector Context Parameters in the meantime.

1 Like

Hello, I cannot seem to find a valid discord invite, may I have one, thanks.

@Maelgrim

Able v3.71 submitted, notes below:

1 Like

Able v3.72 submitted, small update.

1 Like

Able v3.73 submitted. Just a few bug fixes.

1 Like

@
Hi ,
I’m using Able now and have a simple question to ask.
So I’m creating my AbilityTask in the game project, and I found there’s a issue that I can’t really create my own ScratchPad class for the task. The reason why is like following.

UCLASS()
class UAblScratchPadSubsystem : public UWorldSubsystem

I solved it by adding “ABLECORE_API” but just wonder if there’s any reason you don’t want to expose the API inside this class outside of the plugin?
Thank you.

Nah, that’s totally safe. I’ll add that in the next update. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Cheers, mate. Thank you for your confirmation.

Able v3.75 submitted, notes below:

1 Like

I’m having an issue tying a raycast query to a socket on the owner actors mesh. The raycast query will attach itself to the location of the socket, however it will not imitate the socket’s rotation.

Example: I have a character who has a “channeled” ability that allows him to continually fire his weapon until empty. The rayquest fires from the muzzle socket I have set, but the raycast rotation is always at 0, no matter where I turn the character, so it’s always firing in one spot. I have tried to use the “use socket rotation” check box, however this detaches it from the player character and sets the location of the raycast query to “0,0,0” in the world with the correct rotation for the character.

Any ideas on how I could get around this? My character is a topdown character that uses mouse location to return the rotation of the character.

You can overload the Transform (hit the + next to the transform) and calculate things yourself that way you know the socket rotation is being applied as you expect.

I’ll take a peek at Socket Rotation and see if that changed out from under me somehow while I finished UE5 support.

I’ll give that a shot, I created some side code that allowed me to do what I wanted so I’ll plug that into your suggestion and see what I get. Thanks again

Able 3.75b (for Beta) has been submitted for UE5. Notes below.

1 Like

Able v3.78 has been submitted, notes below:

Also if you aren’t on our discord, there was a new UE5 sample made for users that sets up a simple fireball ability + hit reaction. You can grab it here:

Able v3.80 submitted, notes below.

1 Like

Able v3.81 submitted, notes below:

Able v3.82 submitted, notes below:

1 Like

Able v3.85 has been submitted, notes below:

5.1’s update is going out first. 5.0 and 4.27 should be right behind it (just waiting for those two to finish compiling - but wanted to get 5.1 out for those users rather than make them wait an extra day).

1 Like

Hello AngelV.
I have some problems using SpacialOS.
I wanna host sample game in SpacialOS, but I didn’t.
Could you tell me how to use SpacialOS and host game using it.