Abandoned Duhok (process screenshots)

Hello all!
I just wanted to put up some of the screenshots from a personal project i’m working on as a way to document it.
I was inspired by the game and tv show The Last of Us, and I wanted to depict some of my city’s (Duhok) landmarks in it’s apocalyptic world.

Here is the landmark, i used the amazing app “realityscan” to scan the horse statue.

4 Likes

Greetings @Mem_i !

Great work! The landmark from your city blends into the landscape so naturally as if it is already a part of the scene! What software did you use to achieve the broken version of the landmark?

I see that your texture streaming pool and video memory have both been over budget. Did this provide any challenges or hang-ups for you?

Thank you for bringing us along with you on the journey of your project! I eagerly look forward to the next reveal!

1 Like

Hello @Get_DOVAH_it !

Thank you for your kind words!
I used Blender since it is my main 3D program, although i could’ve achieved it with unreal engine’s boolean tool, but i’m more used to blender’s tools.

I actually have been having issues with texture streaming pool for a long time due to limited hardware specs, for this project in particular i could not use the movie render queue without Unreal Engine crashing, so i ended up rendering with the (legacy) version.
I’m not very experienced in this field, is there a solution i should keep in mind for my future projects?

1 Like