AAA Ultra High Quality Pistol Asset Pack from Studios

The 3 pack will not include the 2 new pistols, there will be a new 5 pack that will include everything. It will be cheaper for you to buy the new 2 pistols individually if you want to save a few bucks.

Just got word the Desert Eagle has been approved and will be launching Jan 27. Time to go big game hunting!

http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WP3D_DesertEagle_Woodland_LPT.jpg

Any update on the Desert Eagle? It seems it didn’t make it into the January update. And I can’t wait to have a look at it :slight_smile:

Guid mornin Lord Scottish, yea unfortunately Epic’s release schedule was less than idea here. So we are going to be releasing the 5 pistol pack this wednesday, which will have the Desert Eagle as well as it’s texture variants and then on the 10th of February the Desert Eagle will be released all on it’s own

Just to whet your whistle a little bit in anticipation of the pistol 5 pack being released tomorrow! As a reminder, it will contain all 5 Desert Eagle texture variations in this update and more value added goodies coming for all of the pistols in the pack coming down the road

http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WP3D_DesertEagle_Winter_LPT-e1454427920559.jpg

Here’s another texture variation of the Desert Eagle (1 yr wear and tear) included in the 5-pistol pack up on the Marketplace (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/aaa-animated-fps-5-pistol-pack now! The 5-pistol pack includes the 44 Magnum, M9, TT-33, G18 and the highly anticipated Desert Eagle. This is the perfect pack for all of your FPS needs. However, if you only have eyes for the Desert Eagle, it will be released on its own here in a few weeks :slight_smile:

http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WP3D_DesertEagle_1Year_LPT-e1454535683446.jpg

Check out another shot of the Desert Eagle with the “beat up” texture, just one of the texture variants for the DE included in the 5-Pistol pack:
http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/WP3D_DesertEagle_BeatUp.jpg

So let me get this strait, The single weapons will not include the texture variants? If not Then say I pay $20-$25 per weapon and buy all 5, so $100-$125 vs $60 and I get less just because I wanted to purchase them as they came out? Who wants to buy the same assets again just for texture variants? Seems backwards to me, I feel if I paid more I should get more or AT LEAST THE SAME.
If this is the case I guess I will no longer buy anything until the 5 pack is released because now I regret my single weapon purchases and I will rate/review them accordingly.

Hey Necro, thanks for sharing your opinion on this. I can understand your frustration here and if I had my way we would have held off and released all of the weapons and their 3/5 packs at the same time… Unfortunately *each *one of these weapons costs a couple grand in wages to create, setup and prep for approval by epic and releasing these one at a time is the only way a rag tag group of artists like ourselves could afford to feed ourselves and keep on producing these weapons. While I can understand that buying the 5 pack just for the texture variants might not seem worth it I should add that our future release plan is to also include 1-2 attachments per gun for the 3 packs and 2-4 attachments per gun for the 5 packs as well as their accompanying blueprints. The future 10+ packs will also include VFX so the value will definitely be there for someone who bought a couple of the individual packs and then wanted to upgrade to a bundle.

I feel like it shouldnt be costing you a couple grand to make these assets, as there isnt a whole lot of content to them.

Funny enough I felt the exact same way before we started on this project, but after 10+ weapons, all of their animations and setting it up in the engine to a standard that Epic will approve it’s clear how easy it is to underestimate how much goes into one of these weapons.

Wow cost a lot more than I would imagine. I guess I could see it if paid by the hour, guess I figured it would be more of contracted work though e.g do this(create mesh, animate action, Setup in UE4), when its done get $x. I’m no artist but couldn’t Imagine scripting something for someone and having them pay by the hour or I’d probably take my time get paid more than I should instead of finishing as fast as I can to get paid.

Anyways, I still wish the weapons I buy in the single or in packs would give the same assets just at a discount for bulk purchases. If they did I’d gladly pay more (100-125 vs 60-(75 I assume)) to get them as they come, but I just can’t bring myself to like the idea of paying more and getting less, but get the same and get them quicker I could see paying extra for that. I guess my wishes don’t matter though and I’ll just wait and pay less for more. VFX, Attachments, and Sound would seems like assets of there own. TBH the blueprints you guys do are useless other than showing it off and for people whom think they are gonna build a game with them (seems more often than not as I see alot of things like “the crosshairs didn’t line up with the sights” or “some bug with switching while reloading”), as any good/serious programmer knows weapons will be a class of there own and will setup all that stuff themselves.

Anyways I appreciate what you do even if I disagree with the biz model so I’ll quit being an asshat. :stuck_out_tongue:
Keep up the great work on these weapons.

Check your PM, I’m sure we can work something out to get you the 5-pack and all future updates.

Very excited to announce our very popular 44 Magnum Revolver + Animated first person arms is now on sale at 25% off for a limited time. https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/44-magnum-revolver

http://i.imgur.com/zx7wsbC.jpg

It would be great if you could offer this to more people. I have purchased one weapon, and I have been waiting to purchase more, but I cannot bring myself to pay more for less when I can just wait. Why buy a single pack when a three pack comes out next week? Why buy the three pack when a five pack comes out a week from that? Why buy th e five pack when a ten pack comes out a week from now? I understand you need to make money, but there has to be a better system. As necro said, I’ll just wait a couple months until everything has been finished. I didn’t want to just repeat what someone else said, but I think if enough people say this is a concern, then you might change it. Thanks for these weapons, and I’ll definitely purchase more (just once all these packs are finished).

Yeah I agree, paying more for less isn’t ideal.

We’re looking into a better way to set this up and still offer multi-packs. Ideally you should get more content for buying more at once, a bulk discount if you would. I don’t think we plan on anything larger than 5 packs in the near future. Really I wish there were a way to offer “upgrade” packages, but sadly the Unreal store isn’t quite ready for things that complex. Someday, I hope :slight_smile:

Well I dont think you should have exclusive content just to the weapon packs, what if I buy each weapon individually as they are released? Not only do I lose money, but I lose features. There is virtually no incentive to buy the individual guns aside from either just needing a single asset for testing, or if youre impatient and cant wait for the larger packs to come out.

I totally disagree, you should get a bulk discount but not a content difference.
(single) 5 * $20 = $100
(5pack) 1 * $60= $60
there is the discount, $40 off

If content is different AND price is discounted, then as Shirk said, “There is virtually no incentive to buy the individual guns” and you lose potential profit.

As I said and I’m sure I’m not alone, I’d gladly pay the $100 for the 5 weapons to get them as they come if the content was the same as the 5 packs, but if content is not the same then I’d just wait and only pay $60 for the pack.

example: this is the exact reason I haven’t already purchased any of the SMGs and now regret my purchases of the ARs.

I’m very happy with the assets I’ve got. :slight_smile:
Just a quick question, whenever I move with the Mesh attached to my FPS character, the mesh gets unsharp / blurry. (Happens with any mesh)
Any idea how to fix this?