AAA Quality VR/AR, 2D/3D Anim VFX SFX LD and Code services for hire!

[=;26271]
You honestly don’t think it’s unprofessional to go chat someone up on skype with vague requests for over the top productions, get sent very rough and then come onto a forum to disclose the dollar amounts of those quotes and whine to because they aren’t what you think they should cost? Hmm, different strokes for different folks I suppose, although epic themselves felt it so unprofessional that they banned this kind of thing in the UDK forums(UDK Forums Update - UDK Content Creation and Design - Epic Developer Community Forums) so either they haven’t gotten around it setting up the forum guidelines here or maybe it’s no longer considered unprofessional and I need to get with the times :slight_smile: Either way, you win some and you loose some in terms of trying to randomly guess clients needs based on brief skype conversations, perhaps it’s cause to only give quotes after someone has gone to …com and given me more information.
[/]

I believe you read my response as contentious, which was not the intent, as I don’t know the granular, specific details concerning your interaction.

That said, the is a representation of what you might charge - and I don’t see it as defamatory, (though the rest of his post might be) which is why I urged anyone who was interested in obtaining a from you to actually do so, since / et all have been responsive and personable in the past. I think if he was unhappy with the , he should have discussed this with you so that you could better anticipate his expectations and price point. Do I thnk posting a is necessarily bad? No, you guys do good work, and I am sure if you were going to charge $6k for a spaceship battle scene, it would have been worth it.

[=;26271]
You honestly don’t think it’s unprofessional to go chat someone up on skype with vague requests for over the top productions, get sent very rough and then come onto a forum to disclose the dollar amounts of those quotes and whine to because they aren’t what you think they should cost? Hmm, different strokes for different folks I suppose, although epic themselves felt it so unprofessional that they banned this kind of thing in the UDK forums(UDK Forums Update - UDK Content Creation and Design - Epic Developer Community Forums) so either they haven’t gotten around it setting up the forum guidelines here or maybe it’s no longer considered unprofessional and I need to get with the times :slight_smile: Either way, you win some and you loose some in terms of trying to randomly guess clients needs based on brief skype conversations, perhaps it’s cause to only give quotes after someone has gone to …com and given me more information.
[/]

You’re misconstruing what I said, please reread my post if you’re going to specifically call me out.

[=;26294]
You’re misconstruing what I said, please reread my post if you’re going to specifically call me out.
[/]

“I don’t think its unprofessional at all.”
You’re reply is based and written to support this first sentence, so this is really the only thing to call out as I completely agree with you on every other point(if it wasn’t to made in defense of the guy that just came on here and flamed us of course :)) but if you want we can certainly look at the rest. Speaking of that though, everything about his reply, particularly as it was in our post here with the intent of discouraging others from even asking us for a future by painting us as an overpriced, not indie friendly service provider, is unprofessional. There was no question on skype to clarify or break down our vague based on vague needs,which started way below the number he quoted and went above the number he mentioned above. There was just indignation and then coming straight here and posting this little rant.

" is providing a service, and when people “review” a service you have both positive and negative responses. "
That’s the thing that again makes it so deliciously unprofessional, it’s not a review of our services as we provided none. It’s someone ranting about a company, in their own promotional post, about how the services which he knows very little about for a deliverable which he told us very little about in a 3 minute skype conversation were over priced and how we are fraudulent in our statement that we are indie-friendly.

and so on and so forth.

We’ve been working out tails off providing some of the best game dev services, exclusively to indies, for 3 years now. Starting off as a rag tag bunch of of concept artists and modelers, to get to where we are today, building a good reputation with hundreds of dev’s along the way. I want to defend that reputation against off-the-cuff replies like that as I don’t think it’s right or fair or based on reality for that matter :slight_smile: Hell it’s just pain unprofessional, but in the spirit of not being unprofessional myself I’ll stop here and go back to my Granola :slight_smile: Cheers

[=Havoc;26289]
I believe you read my response as contentious, which was not the intent, as I don’t know the granular, specific details concerning your interaction.

That said, the is a representation of what you might charge - and I don’t see it as defamatory, (though the rest of his post might be) which is why I urged anyone who was interested in obtaining a from you to actually do so, since / et all have been responsive and personable in the past. I think if he was unhappy with the , he should have discussed this with you so that you could better anticipate his expectations and price point. Do I thnk posting a is necessarily bad? No, you guys do good work, and I am sure if you were going to charge $6k for a spaceship battle scene, it would have been worth it.
[/]

Oh I never thought this guys’ reply was defamatory, just unprofessional. Nothing to misconstrue about your response, it seemed pretty spot on and far from contentious. Seemed like a well worded response when I read it.

I think there is a simple misunderstanding here and needs to take a step back and take a deep breath.

• the work you guys do is very good, i personally think the price that you offered for the work involved was fair. leave it at that, and move on. the more time you spend responding now, the worse you will look in future. i realise you might want or feel the need to defend yourselves, but that really isn’t necessary as your work speaks for itself and that is singularly the most important thing here.

-the prices are simply out of your range, that doesn’t mean they aren’t indie prices though. rather than coming on the forum to slam them for the , you would have been better served trying to renegotiate. studios like get a lot of big fish, but they also understand the importance of supporting the small fish as well. but i’m afraid you may have burned this bridge now, so learn the lesson from it.

To anyone else - Indie doesn’t always mean one guy in his bedroom with a dream. It can also mean a small group/ who have funding, Indie just means they’re not tied to a particular publisher, they’re independent. a lot of people like to call themselves indies (because technically it’s correct, and i guess it makes them feel good) when really they should call themselves enthusiasts… they have passion, skills, and a vision, but in reality that’s all they have. If you’re one of these people, and you’re willing to work a day job, then come home and spend your paypacket hiring a freelancer or to do some work for you, you have all of my respect and you deserve it from else, too. But don’t make the mistake of thinking that you “should” or “deserve” to pay less than other people for the same service, asking for a lower rate is fine and if you can explain why, you might have a chance of it happening. but it’s not your right to demand the rates you want just because it’s all you can afford.

/endrant.

Hi ,

The discussion about the has reached its conclusion and no more discussion is necessary. I would appreciate it if we could move on to other topics. Any further posts about 's will be removed by the mods. Thank you and have a great day!

Added a wee bit of eye candy in the thread to give people a taste before they headed over to our full portfolio. A nice break from the drama in the rest of the post here :slight_smile:

[=;28223]
Added a wee bit of eye candy in the thread to give people a taste before they headed over to our full portfolio. A nice break from the drama in the rest of the post here :slight_smile:
[/]

Absolutely loved the eye candy :wink: If you could make something as epic as Battlestar Galactic (Im a fan) Id throw cash at your face first, and pay you second.

Pretty impressive work, great range of artistic styles.

My eyes hurt from the epicness in these images. If i wasn’t a lonely FX artist i would hire you lol.

Thanks guys, we’ll be adding some more eye candy up shortly. We’d started in on some pretty amazing UE4 projects and are pushing this engine to it’s limits every day. Exciting times to be a game developer that’s for sure

I was wondering (for no real reason) if this is just a copy&paste error

[]
Programming: Advanced coding and Uscripting for UE3/UDK
[/]

or you’re not offering UE4/Blueprint coding?

Thanks for pointing that out Bardic, much appreciated. It was a copy/paste error here and it’s been all fixed up in the OP!

[=;21154]

[/]

They’re all fantastic but I gotta say I absolutely LOVE this one :smiley:

[=leonn3k;51880]
They’re all fantastic but I gotta say I absolutely LOVE this one :smiley:
[/]

This is easily one of my favorite pieces in history. Funny enough it is also one of our first, I think that illustration was painted nearly 10 years ago now

Quick bump before I get back to paperwork here

I was creating a 2D game on Unity and asked for a price for a bunch of spritesheets - around 5 characters, with all animations, and a few undead enemies. I won’t say their price, but it was more than reasonable. And based on their quality (which you can see on their site), it was a nice bargain. Unfortunately the project didn’t go forward.

What most people fail to understand is an indie price also needs to match an indie idea. If you want to create something massive that requires hundreds of hours, you can’t expect indie prices solely because you have a low budget.

With that said, I urge anyone with a serious project to contact Studios. They have worked on our game, , and needless to say we have been impressed with the quality of assets they produce combined with the very affordable price tag. When our project first started, the majority of my time was spent finding freelancers who could work within our budget, had the time to work, and had the skills and knowledge capable of completing the tasks at hand. As one can expect, this process was extremely difficult and more often than not delayed our development. I finally decided to take a chance with so I could eliminate time spent hiring and have reliable developers on hand. To be blunt, I have never looked back since.

They have developers in all areas of expertise ready to work in a variety of artistic styles. To get a sense of what they have for us, check out this video:

They created the entire level from scratch for us using our assets. In short, contact these guys! They know what they are doing and will speed up your development cycle while maintaining high quality and affordable prices!

Game Director/Executive Producer

Are you hiring designers by chance?

[=RyanW;71476]
What most people fail to understand is an indie price also needs to match an indie idea. If you want to create something massive that requires hundreds of hours, you can’t expect indie prices solely because you have a low budget.

With that said, I urge anyone with a serious project to contact Studios. They have worked on our game, , and needless to say we have been impressed with the quality of assets they produce combined with the very affordable price tag. When our project first started, the majority of my time was spent finding freelancers who could work within our budget, had the time to work, and had the skills and knowledge capable of completing the tasks at hand. As one can expect, this process was extremely difficult and more often than not delayed our development. I finally decided to take a chance with so I could eliminate time spent hiring and have reliable developers on hand. To be blunt, I have never looked back since.

They have developers in all areas of expertise ready to work in a variety of artistic styles. To get a sense of what they have for us, check out this video:

They created the entire level from scratch for us using our assets. In short, contact these guys! They know what they are doing and will speed up your development cycle while maintaining high quality and affordable prices!

Game Director/Executive Producer

[/]

This means a lot , thank you very much for your kind words. Same with you , I appreciate you guys coming and posting this, I just wish I would have seen it earlier to thank you sooner