A rendered video that takes 7 minutes at HD is taking 16 hours at UHD. Same settings. Is this normal? It seems like a pretty big jump for just 4x resolution. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

A rendered video that takes 7 minutes at HD is taking 16 hours at UHD. Same settings. Is this normal? It seems like a pretty big jump for just 4x resolution. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Hi,

As I mentioned on the other post, we are waiting for your bug report. :)

Thanks,

Francesco

Thank you for your answer! I didn't realize you were a moderator. I will continue the discussion on the other post. Thanks!

I had the same problems while rendering a 4k image. It took 30mins, while rendering a 8k images took 8 Hours.

Quick question, do you have 'Tile rendering' turned on/activated?

If so, this is probably damaging your export times. This feature should only be used for 16K+ resolution videos.

Turning it off, reduces the export time.

Cheers,

Francesco

Ha!!! That's it!!! This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for! You are the man Francesco! I thought that turning on tile render would maybe use more CPUs like bucket rendering in most 3D programs. Of course this is different than that. Much appreciated, once again! I really appreciate how you worked me through this. A+ service!

I hope this helped you out too Viz! What a nice surprise!