A Quick Update on 4.7

Html5 html5 html5 html5 html5 html5 html5 html5

Awesome!

I echo the sentiment here, that it’s well worth the wait in order to allow you more time to test/polish. Even with a few extra weeks between updates I’m amazed at the speed of development you are able to maintain.

Abso-bloody-exactly! More stability is more than welcome.

Good decision Epic!

this please :slight_smile:

This is why the team at Epic are such awesome folks! The transparency and interaction with the community is unparalleled.

Take as much time as you need, guys. Looking forward to the release when it’s ready :wink:

Fully agree with this post!

I agree also.

Great, Epic!

Just please spend an extra time to make all features more stable!

I personally do not need updates every month. I think what you can’t to do whatsoever is going the same rote Unity took:
Months/years to release an update and when it finally comes out, it is half baked missing features and BUGGY!
If slower updates means truly real more stability so be it.

Taking time for polished new version ie 4.7 is highly lauded! Previously, my instinct regarding (after reading threads of not working features after upgrading - and then, not fixed in the minor version kinda freaked me out) Unreal is to stick to version which is deemed as stable and therefore, forgo any nice update like FPS improvement, new features. Which is quite bad actually, but necessary as features which used to work and not working after upgrade is technical headache to me, to say the least.

Awesome, thanks! And please always be sure to include useful commentary that can lead us towards a repro.

For 4.6 and 4.7 especially, we’ve been closely following the most common crashes being submitted by our development community, and the majority of those have already been fixed for the upcoming 4.7 release.

Cheers

Hope that set array struct will be fixed - this issue is there from 4.0 - Set Members In Struct node does not work - Blueprint - Unreal Engine Forums

Is it weird to be in love with a Game Engine Development Company?

Nope! But it depends on the company. :o And the feeling is mutual, we have an awesome community of developers!

Hope for html5 aswell

I myself really enjoy the monthlies to be honest, and I see why they’re aiming for it from a sales perspective as well. I can’t say I absolutely need them that often but still… and sure, stability over features.

Please dont take the quick path, it leads to the dark side :stuck_out_tongue: But is it any news on when it will be realesed?

Hey there!

Good luck to your new strategy!

My question is… Will the SpeedTree foliage glitches be fixed in this release? Or next preview?

You guys just keep doing what you guys do best. Cuz it’s EPIC. I trust you.

EPIC. I trust you