It looks like there was a change in where this information get set and stored now. The doc hasn’t been updated to reflect this information, though.
The settings now get stored and set a little differently than what that documentation shows. You can set it a couple of different ways nows.
For Specific Project:
In the [YourProject]/Config/DeviceProfiles.ini You can set to easily generate a DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini by doing the following:
- Go to Window > Developer Tools > Device Profiles.
- Then in this window, click the “Save as Default” at the top.
- Now open the your project > config and open the DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini file.
- Edit any of the LODGroups value for MaxLODSize to be 8192 instead of the max of 4096.
- Save this and then reopen your project. You should be able to open the texture now and see the correct in-game resolution. If not, make sure that the “Mip Gen Settings” is set to “From Texture Group.”
Alternatively, if you want this to be true for any project and not project specific you can do the following:
- Open your Engine Installation location then go to Engine/Config and open BaseDeviceProfiles.ini.
- All profiles will be listed here. Scroll down to the section labled:
- Under here you will find all the TextureLODGroups. Change the MaxLODSize values you need here. The default values are set to 4096.
- Save and close this file.
- Restart the project or launch any project.
You should now see 8192 for texture size. If not, make sure the Mip Gen Settings drop-down is set to “From Texture Group”.
That should hopefully get you squared away. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions for getting this working.