4.7 preview 7 reflections bug

Reflections are not positioned properly, as we can see in barrels reflections.
I have SphereReflectionCapture above turret.

This bug was also in 4.7 P6, but not in P5.

Hey Moxx -

Can you confirm that you have turned off Screen Space Reflections? If not, can you add a post process volume and set it to unbound with the Screen Space Reflections intensity set to 0. Does this seem to fix the reflections issue, can you post another screenshot with this addition in place.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Here it is. Reflections are gone/wrong on other part of the scene.

Hey Moxx -

I am not seeing any different behavior from the reflections between 4.6.1 and 4.7 Preview 7 or 8. In your initial picture, the reflections were created primarily through SSR and with the second image I am not seeing reflections which leads me to think you need place a sky light in your level to help define and brighten the reflections, changing the intensity in your sphere reflection capture would also help.

Also remember that sphere reflection actors are rendering a cubemap based on the origin position of the actor and the extents defined by the influence radius, so the positioning of the sphere capture becomes important in determining how you want your reflection vectors to be determined, i.e. the positioning of objects in the reflection space. If you are using only one sphere capture actor over a large area, try adding additional one within the larger one with a much more tight sphere of influence.

Finally I recommend taking a look at this documentation to best identify where to layout your reflection actors.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum