4.7 preview 3 project creation failure

tried to created a new C++ 3d person project I got this

Failed to generate project files. Log output:
Running C:/Program Files/Unreal Engine/4.7/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“B:/GameProjects_production/Combat/Combat.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
Discovering modules, targets and source code for game…
Errors detected while compiling B:\GameProjects_production\Combat\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\CombatProjectFileGeneratorModuleRules.dll:
c:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\CEF3Utils\CEF3Utils.Build.cs(5,14) : error CS0101: The namespace ‘’ already contains a definition for ‘CEF3Utils’
c:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\WebBrowser\WebBrowser.Build.cs(5,14) : error CS0101: The namespace ‘’ already contains a definition for ‘WebBrowser’
UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files

Verified the install got it again… This is a fresh update

Hi ,

Have you made sure to right click your project file and generate the project files, then compile the files in VS? Try this and see if it fixes the error.

It happened twice… It happens right off the new project creation, I never get to VS…

Are you creating a project through the binary launcher or are you compiling from the Github master branch?

Binary launcher… preview 2 worked fine… It is just this preview.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end. Have you tried opening a blueprint project or a blank project with no additional content? Do you receive the same error?

Well the C++ seems to be broke and standard blueprint build works fine

Can you check your Unreal Projects filepath to see if it actually created any project files? If so right click the .uproject and select “generate project files”. See if it lets you do this.

I am having the same issue. I have an existing project with 4.6.1 and I was just going to test and see how 4.7p3 worked with it. I copied the directory over, right clicked on the uproject file, selected “switch unreal version” and I received the exact same errors.

Did you upgrade from preview 2?

I had the same error after upgrading, apparently caused by the folders and files “CEF3Utils” and “WebBrowser” being both in the “4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime” and the “4.7\Engine\Source\Developer” folders and the build tool trying to load both of them.
The one in the developer folder had a timestamp suggesting it was left over from preview 2 and after removing them the project built correctly, though not sure if that’s really the correct way to go about it.
Maybe this is a problem when upgrading between the preview versions?

yes I did… I will try to remove p2 and just redo p3 when I have the time. It should be later today but that is not really a fix… Seeing as how this was a bug report. I was just going to sit on p3 and wait for the next release in hopes that it would be fixed…

Hi everyone,

Can you repro this in a blank project with no additional content or is it limited to your individual projects? I am curious if this is specific to custom code as I attempted it with a blank project on my end but could open the project in 4.7 even though it was created in 4.6.1.

UPDATE: Well I woke up and saw that update 4 has been released so I am attempting to just update in hopes it will clear the problem.

Umm I give up hopefully you fix this… I upgraded from 3 to 4 same error… Removed it went through the LONG download again and got this… I am done…

Did you have any trouble creating a project before 4.7? Would you mind posting a copy of your dxdiag here for us to have a look? I was able to create a new c++ project without any errors on my end.

So I actually took 4.7 out all together and waited a few days. Installed 4.7 preview 4 and everything is running fine. Problem solved. :smiley: