Editor and whole operating system freezes for 2 - 30 seconds. Mouse moves, but you can’t do nothing, not even switch to other programs. The editor doesn’t crash, it returns to normal when the freeze is over.
How to produce
- Create new blueprint project in 4.7
- Open Content Browser, then choose StarterContent → Materials and double click “m_ground_moss” (or any other bigger material)
- Whole editor and system freezes (but doesn’t crash)… cursor moves, but you can’t even switch programs (no indicator texts or nothing is displayed)
- 2 - 30 seconds and the “material editor” opens and everythings is back to normal.
- Note! this only happens first time you open the material. If you save your project and open the material again, it opens normally.
- PC intel i7-4770k 3.5gHz . Windows 7 64bit. 16mb ram, nVidia GTX770. Freezes take 1-3 seconds.
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, 2048 Mt. On MacBook the freezes take 2 seconds to 30 seconds and fans are spinning like crazy.
Does this happen to everyone?
BTW. this problem doesn’t occur with 4.5 (the only other version I had installed at the moment)