4.7.3 Atmospheric Fog broken in VR

With 4.7.3 the brightness of atmospheric fog is ~10x brighter in the left eye vs the right eye on an Oculus Rift. The issue shows up in 3 different projects upon conversion to 4.7. Also shows up in the promoted build of 4.8 circa 2-11-15.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Hello chorne,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a list of detailed steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Does this issue only occur after upgrading?

Hey Rudy,
Thanks for the quick response. It seems to be only related to upgraded projects - I can’t repro in clean projects in 4.7 nor new projects started in 4.6.1 that are subsequently upgraded to 4.7. Opening an upgraded project, starting a new level, and dropping in a new atmospheric fog continues to show the issue - so clearly it’s a legacy project setting somewhere being dragged along. Our 3 projects were all created 4.6.0 or earlier…old enough that hopefully most people won’t run into this problem.

We can sidestep this by putting an engine BP_Sky_Sphere in the scene - so if it’s not easily repro-able and nobody else has complained I’m happy to chalk it up as upgrade voodoo and use the workaround rather than go on a needle/haystack hunt.

Hello chorne,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. Would it be possible for you to send me a small sample project with this issue? I have tried doing this in a blank project and then upgrading but I am still unable to reproduce this issue.

Hello chorne,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.