4.7.3/4.7.4 update causes project crash

Can’t launch my project started in 4.7.1. Updated to 4.7.2 with no hiccups, now I can’t access my project since 4.7.3 update. 4.7.4 is no different. Anyone else having this issue? anything I can do?

I have successfully converted Kaboom Arena from 4.7.2 to 4.7.3 to 4.7.4 without any issues.

Do you have any more information for us? Screen shot showing error … maybe a crash log or crash report … it is a little bit difficult to diagnose without some extra information.

Here’s what it says:

Oh … that is very helpful. 8-{

I did find a similar problem on AnswerHub and Haliday suggested this:

Can you try this.

[4.7.3 to 4.7.4]Project Crash on Startup]([4.7.3 to 4.7.4] Project Crash on Startup - Multiplayer & Networking - Epic Developer Community Forums)

Hi hippowombat,

Thanks for letting us know about this! It looks like this is related to a crash we have reported in our system (UE-11813), and doesn’t appear to be same as crash noted above by qdelpeche (but thanks for looking into it, qdelpeche!). I’ve added your information to bug report. It looks like they’re hoping to find cause and fix it by 4.8. In meantime, you may need to manually remove Content from project directly and add assets back in one at a time until you discover which is causing problem. My guess is that it’s Blueprint related.

Thanks for info, I appreciate your time spent looking into this, both of you! :slight_smile:

Would you be able to supply project with which this crash occurs? developers have asked if they can take a look at it, as they need more to go on to fix it. If you can upload it somewhere and PM me a link, I can get it to them. Thanks!

Sorry for delay, uploading files now, pm incoming.

Got it. I’ve downloaded project and handed it over to developers. I’ll let you know when I see any update on bug. Thanks!