(4.7.1) - PIE behaves different from Launch

Hello ,

Thank you for your additional information, I am sure that it will help narrow things down for our developers.

Rudy, thanks for the reply again.

I just want to add another small bit of info. After having tried to spawn from various blueprints unsuccessfully, today I also tried to use the Level Blueprint for spawning and this seems to work perfectly.

So, setting up spawning there in the level blueprint, I can save, quit, restart, no settings are lost, and I can also Launch the game, and enemies function as expected.

So, of course I consider this a possible workaround for now, but there’s definitely something going wrong in the blueprints somewhere with regards to spawning. Or, who knows, maybe something else even underneath that. But anyway… just wanted to share my new findings on that.

Hello ,

Once again thank you for your efforts. The possible workaround is indeed good news. I am happy to hear that you are able to continue with your project. I am sure that this workaround will be usual to anyone else experiencing this issue.

Hi, Rudy, I just waned to post here again, I found this other Answerhub post that is very likely related to the problem I’m having. So, not sure if you can coordinate there as to not waste time with double bug reports. Since I was not able to repro it cleanly, this guy did and so it seems there’s been good tracking there on what causes it.

This is the post

Hello ,

Thank you for providing a link to the other report. I will be sure to collaborate with going forward with this issue. I am sure that this information will help round out our knowledge of this problem.

Make it a great day

I am also having problems with PIE behaving differently from Standalone, and I narrowed it down to the fact that a blueprint created struct array is not passing info into an Exposed on Spawn variable. It works in PIE, but not standalone.

Not sure if this post is a separate issue or has already been solved, but hopefully it helps.

Hi Rudy, I just wanted to post back here to say that this issue is resolved. I just didn’t want to post back before I did proper testing on 4.8 and after testing in 4.8 as well, it seems all good.

The underlying problem was in fact a circular dependency I had between GameMode and Enemy blueprints. So with that solved, it’s all good again.

Also just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts with this. I really appreciate it.