[4.6 Demo Recording Feature] Is Demo Recording Limited in the way I think, ie, only replicated actors get recorded? What about local particle effects?

Dear Epic,

I am so happy you are adding a demo recording feature!

However, is this feature as limited as I think?

Does it really only record replicated actors?

I did a demo recording test on an utterly simple starting level with just my main character.

My main character movement is replicated, but not the special effect particles that are created locally and not replicated.

The signal to create/modify the particles is replicated to clients, but not the particles themselves.

#In the Demo

In the demo, the character’s movement is replicated in the demo perfectly, but the particles do not show up at all.

Since this feature is so new I dont have anyone else’s feedback to go by

Is it true that Demo recording feature cannot handle non-replicated particle effects, which is usually how particle effects are handled in multiplayer games (local only)?

Again I am replicating the signal to modify the particle effect over the network, but the particle effect itself is spawned locally

I am confused as to why the particles dont show up when I am specifically replicating boolean value to tell them to show up via the local instance.

The particle system components are created during Begin Play when the character first loads into the level, and then modified using the replicated boolean.

#Tearoff?

Do we need to use an initial spawn of particle effects on network and then tear them off so it will show up in recording?

#Going Forward

I look forward to helping you further develop this new feature!

Rama

Rama, did you ever get anywhere with this? I’m having the same issues.

Now I have the same question to you)