[4.26] Vive controller input problem

Hi there ,

Im pretty new to VR BP but im following a tutorial from UE called “3D Map Navigation in Virtual Reality” and in the lesson “Developing the VR Player Pawn Part 2: Adaptable Input”
the instructor puts the motion controller triggers in the key bindings , but as I understood the system got updated after 2.4 which means thoses bindings got updated as well.

searching around it seems like the HTC Vive bindings should be called something around " Vive Left Trigger " but when i try to search for any thing related to vive in the key slot the only thing that shows up is the game pad triggers or oculus which doesn’t work for the vive.

can someone point out to me what im doing wrong ?
Thanks.

Same issue. Input Actions for Vive controllers dont actually fire in BP for me. When I tried the method you posted a screenshot of, I also did not see the Vive options showing up there.

This seems to be an intentional change to recent engine versions, all VR keys are set up with FKeyDetails::NotBlueprintBindableKey.

A post by the SteamVR plugin dev on a related issue seems to suggest that this was done to disallow direct key rebinding in order to be OpenXR compliant.

It would be nice to get some official confirmation on this.